Last updated on June 6th, 2018 at 04:50 pm
These Knockout Chicken Salad Sandwiches will turn your lunch from boring to spectacular! They’re packed with flavor and really quick and easy to make.
Let’s talk chicken salad sandwiches, shall we? Don’t they make the best lunches? I certainly think so and they really are one of my favorites because not only are they delicious but they are super quick and so easy to put together.
This particular chicken salad however is to die for, not that I’m biased or anything. It’s crunchy because it has chopped walnuts and it’s a bit sweet from grapes. I think adding these two ingredients to a traditional chicken salad, totally turns this salad into a star. It’s perfect for when you’re in a rush and need to pack a lunch, it’s also perfect for dinner when you don’t feel like cooking.
It’s also great because I like to make a big batch of this salad, and I’m literally eating chicken salad sandwiches for the rest of the week for lunch because it will last up to 5 days in the fridge.
Eat this chicken salad on its own, or if you love your carbs like I do, serve it on your favorite bread, sometimes I serve it on croissants, sometimes in a wrap and sometimes with some nice and toasted bread. Whichever way you decide, this sandwich is the bomb!
Check out some of my other tasty and easy chicken salad recipes!
- Loaded Chicken Salad Sandwiches with Guacamole
- Avocado Chicken Croissants
- Easy Chicken Salad Sandwiches
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Knockout Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken diced
- 1/2 cup celery finely chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 cup red seedless grapes halved or quartered
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp dry dill
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 12 slices of your favorite bread
- cucumber sliced
- In a medium size bowl combine all ingredients together.
- Toast bread if desired, then spread the salad on bread, top with other veggies such as cucumbers, tomatoes or lettuce and serve.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe originally shared July 2012.