This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Peach and Cherry Tarts with Mascarpone Cheese – a perfect light and summer dessert.
These peach and cherry tarts make for such a stunning dessert that you can literally whip up in a few minutes. It’s perfect for when you have unannounced guests, or when you just have a sweet tooth and want something in a hurry.
This is why I love puff pastry. It’s just so versatile. The possibilities are endless when it comes to the desserts that you can make with them. As far as I’m concerned these are healthy too because of all the fruit, but that might be just me trying to fool myself. 🙂
I only used one sheet of puff pastry which I rolled out a bit and then I cut it into 3 long strips. I used 3 gorgeous peaches which I sliced up in very thin slices and about 20 big cherries which I pitted. Now what I think made this dessert super delicious is the mascarpone and cream cheese I used for the base of this tart. I’m sure you can make this without the cheese, but it was just delicious with the cheese. All I did was mix up 2 oz of mascarpone cheese, 2 oz of cream cheese and 2 tbsp of sugar.
To actually assemble this is very easy. Spread 1/3 of the mixture on each puff pastry strip. You’ll need to use about 1 peach per pastry, but it depends on the size of your peaches. I had these gorgeous big peaches. Arrange the peach slices around the edge of each pastry strip and in the center line up the cherries.
Bake it at 425 F degrees for about 25 to 30 minutes and you’ve got yourself a beautiful dessert.
This dessert just couldn’t get any simpler. I hope you give it a try.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Peach and Cherry Tarts
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees.
- In a small bowl whisk together the mascarpone cheese, cream cheese and sugar, until it’s soft enough so that you can spread it over the pastry.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet so that it’s about 12 inches by 12 inches and cut it into 3 long strips.
- Spread 1/3 of the cheese mixture on each strip.
- Arrange the peach slices around the edge of each pastry strip and in the center line up the cherries.
- Sprinkle with some additional sugar if desired.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes.