Last updated on March 3rd, 2018 at 01:21 pm
These Quail Eggs in Hash Brown Nests garnished with fresh rosemary make for a delicious breakfast that’s bound to impress your family or friends. Perfect for brunch or breakfast.
Just when I thought I’d used the last of the quail eggs my husband bought, he went and got some more! So back to the drawing board for me to try and figure out what else to make with them. I love quail eggs, I think they’re adorable but the thing that really bugs me about them is cracking them open. You really have to be careful so as not to break them, because they’re very tiny.
Well eggs are perfect for breakfast, anyone knows that, so I thought making nests from hash browns would be so cute and adorable. To make the nest is really easy, I basically just grated some potatoes, added an egg and some parmesan cheese for extra flavor and filled the ramekins with the potato mixture, pressing down in the middle to make room for the eggs. I baked the hash browns for about 20 to 30 minutes or until they turned brown. As you can see in this picture I used my small ramekins and I was able to crack 3 eggs in each nest. I probably could have fit 4 eggs in each. So after you crack the eggs just bake for another 5 minutes or so until the eggs are cooked to your preference. I thought it would be a great idea if I ad some rosemary around the edge of the ramekins just for the extra special effect.
Aren’t these the cutest little breakfast nests you’ve ever seen. I think it’s a great idea and they would be so perfect for a brunch. So next time you’re having brunch at your house, try these hash browns nests with eggs.
For more quail egg recipes, try these:
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Quail Eggs in Hash Brown Nests
- 2 large potatoes shredded
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 12 quail eggs
- 4 sprigs rosemary fresh, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Grease 4 ramekins really well.
- In a bowl, mix shredded potatoes, egg, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Divide the mixture in 4 and fill each ramekin with the shredded potato mixture, and press down in the middle to form a nest.
- Bake the hash brown nests for about 30 minutes or until crisp and brown.
- Crack 3 quail eggs in each nest and season with salt and pepper. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your preference.
- Arrange rosemary around the edge of the ramekins if preferred.