These Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies are crispy on the outside but chewy on the inside, the perfect little treat for your holiday parties.
Today I’m sharing with you one of my favorite easy recipes for red velvet crinkle cookies. This recipe is about as easy as they come and they turn out perfect every single time. Nice and crispy on the outside, but super chewy on the inside.
They’re delicious and never last long enough to share with others. I always have grand plans to freeze my cookies and then give them out as gifts to everyone, but truth be told, they disappear from my freezer before Christmas arrives.
This is why I usually bake non stop during the month of December, which I love! Just put on my Christmas music and bake on in my kitchen. Totally my favorite time of the year.
HOW TO MAKE RED VELVET CRINKLE COOKIES
My recipe for these cookies is as simple as it can get. I’m talking only 6 ingredients. The secret ingredient is the Red Velvet cake mix. Seriously, unless you have lots and lots of time, this is the easiest way to make these cookies. And trust me, they do turn out perfect.
All you have to do is add a couple eggs, melted butter, I add a bit of lemon zest for that extra zing, then mix it all together. That’s all there is to these little morsels.
You just shape them into 1 inch little balls and roll them through icing sugar. You can also use a little cookie scoop, if you have one, but I like to get in there with my hands.
HOW TO BAKE RED VELVET CRINKLE COOKIES
These bake fairly quickly, only 8 or 9 minutes required, so make sure you don’t over bake them. I like to turn on the light in the oven as they bake and watch them flatten and crinkle up.
LOOKING FOR MORE CHRISTMAS COOKIES? TRY THESE:
- Mexican Wedding Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Thumbprint cookies
- Classic Shortbread Cookies
- Lemon Thumbprint Cookies
- Chocolate Rumballs
- Cherry Pecan Rugelach
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer add the cake mix, eggs, butter and lemon zest. Beat on low until blended. Alternatively, you can just mix everything with a wooden spoon.
- In another smaller bowl whisk together the icing sugar and cornstarch.
- Shape the cookie dough into small 1 inch balls, then roll through the icing sugar mixture. Place the cookies at least 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes or until the edges set. The cookies will spread in the oven. Let cool on the baking sheet for a couple minutes then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling completely.
- Double check the amount of boxed cake you have. In this recipe I used a 432 g/ 15.25 oz box. If the size of yours is different, adjust the butter and eggs to fit my recipe's ratio.
- To freeze, place cookies in an airtight container and place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.