This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Salted Rolo and Nutella Stuffed Double Chocolate Cookies – Chocolate, caramel, Nutella, sea salt. Super decadent and out of this world delicious cookies!
Nutella Stuffed Double Chocolate Cookies
These here are not your everyday run-of-the-mill cookies, my friends! These cookies here are the mother of all cookies. You’ve got double chocolate cookies with cocoa powder and Ghirardelli’s chocolate chips, and if that’s not enough, my friends, they are stuffed with rolos and then nutella … and THEN sprinkled with sea salt! Yeah, baby!
Chocolate, caramel, nutella, sea salt. I think I’ve died and gone to heaven! Chocolate heaven that is, and what a place it is. These cookies are best when warm, fresh out of the oven, when you break them in half and you’ve got that caramel from the Rolo oozing out all over your fingers, and then you take a bite. You taste the salt first, then the sweet from the caramel, and then a pop of Nutella, and finally the richness from the super chocolaty cookie. Yeah that’s it, you with me?
So sorry, it’s like I revert back to being a kid when I eat cookies like this. But I apologize so to make up for this, I want to help you and show you how to make these little wonders.
How To Make Salted Rolo And Nutella Stuffed Double Chocolate Cookies
You start by obviously making the cookie dough, with as I said before, is loaded with Nestle cocoa powder and Ghirardelli’s chocolate chips. I then divided the cookie dough in 2 pieces. Take one of the pieces and start forming 1 inch balls, you should get about 16 balls from half of the cookie dough. Then take your thumb and make a large indentation in each ball. And now the fun part begins. Stuff each cookie ball with a rolo in the indentation you just made. If you want you could use caramels, but I love Rolos more because you’ve got the combination of chocolate and caramel, and it’s just yummy together. Now, if that wasn’t enough, we now add some Nutella on top of each Rolo, about 1/2 tsp for each cookie.
Now take the other piece of cookie dough and divide it into 16 pieces, I found it easier to do this, because in the end I had enough cookie dough for each cookie. Flatten each piece and place on top of the stuffed cookies and seal the edges. I flattened them just a bit with my fingers, just so the I could sprinkle some sea salt over the tops. You need to do this. The combination of sweet and salty … uhm … nothing better.
Now all you have left to do is bake them for about 10 minutes and transfer them to a cookie rack for cooling. But like I said before, I prefer these when they’re warm, so even after they’re cooled off, I pop ’em in the microwave for about 15 seconds just so I can enjoy that caramel oozing from the center, because after all, that is my favorite part!
I’ve just been feeling bad because I feel like I’ve given you too many healthy recipes lately, so this is my way of making it up to you guys. Now what are you waiting for, go and make these! You need these cookies in your life.
More Delicious Recipes To Try
- Preheat oven to 375℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan, over medium heat. Remove saucepan from heat. Add brown sugar and stir until sugar has dissolved. Add eggs and stir. Next add the cocoa, salt and baking powder and stir until well combined. Add flour and stir until all the flour is fully combined in the mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide the cookie dough into 2 big pieces and set one aside. Take one of the pieces and start forming 1 inch balls, you should get about 16 balls. Place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Using your thumb make a large indentation in each ball. Stuff each cookie with 1 rolo, then ½ tsp of Nutella.
- Take the other piece of cookie dough and divide it into 16 pieces. Flatten each piece out, place it on top of the stuffed cookies and seal the edges. Flatten the cookies a bit with your fingers or a spatula, then sprinkle a bit of sea salt over each cookie.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.