Skinny Double Chocolate Banana Bread – a sinful banana bread loaded with chocolate and bananas, yet skinnified. Must I say more?
So January came with the usual resolution of eating healthier, as you all know. But it’s tough to really follow through when you have a sweet tooth and you crave that chocolate, oh sweet milky chocolate. I’m a milk chocolate girl all the way, yes I can have dark chocolate, and will occasionally, but give me milk chocolate and I’ll love you forever. What’s a girl to do in these situations when you’ve got that sweet tooth. Simple my friends. You make double chocolate banana bread. It’s somewhat healthy, so don’t feel too bad about it.
No, really, it is. There’s no oil or butter in this banana bread. Just applesauce. Lately I’ve been using applesauce a lot in my baking and I have to tell you that I don’t miss the butter or the oil. The cakes or muffins or whatever you’re making, still come out moist and delicious. So why not!
But this double chocolate banana bread is so freaking good, I can barely keep my grubby little paws off of it. But it’s ok. Because it’s amazing, it’s sinful, but healthy. Banana + chocolate = pure unadulterated health. Now you know this was a complete success with hubs, since he’s the biggest chocoholic person I know and has been going through withdrawals during the entire month of January, since he’s stopped buying loads of chocolate. But this hit the spot, cured those chocolate cravings of his, well at least for now.
Weekend is almost here, so go make this my friends and have a slice. And if you’re brave, or naughty, pour some chocolate sauce, or serve this with a scoop of ice cream, because really, this is more like a brownie. But who needs to know that. At 144 calories a slice, you can afford to be naughty.
More Related Recipes:
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Skinny Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees and coat a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl mash the bananas with a fork, then add sugar and stir until the sugar is almost dissolved. Add applesauce, vanilla extract and egg. Whisk to combine.
- Add in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and stir. Add the chocolate chips and pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top and bake for about 1 hour. Use a toothpick to check if it's done inside.
- *Update: Nutritional information has been updated.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.