This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Spanish Chicken with Chorizo and Potatoes – an easy dinner with only a handful of ingredients that can prepared in under 10 minutes, all on one pan. Tender chicken drumsticks, spicy chorizo sausage and new potatoes – simple flavor at its finest.
This Spanish chicken with chorizo sausage and potatoes requires virtually no prep work, and very minimal ingredients. A quick seasoning of the drumsticks and potatoes, a swift chop of an onion, zest a couple oranges and you’re done! We are channeling Spain, think European; simple and sophisticated.
The flavor combination in this one pan dish is perfection. Bright, bursts of orange zest, a little spice from the chorizo paired with those tender on the inside, crispy on the outside new potatoes, just exquisite. This Spanish chicken is a favourite in my home and will become one in yours as well.
Ingredients for Spanish Chicken with Chorizo
Keep Scrolling for to the recipe card for the full list of ingredient amounts and instructions or click the “Jump to Recipe” button at the top of the page!
- Chicken – I used drumsticks.
- Chorizo Sausage – Links, cut in small pieces. Chorizo sausage is a bit spicy so if you don’t want the spice, feel free to use other sausage you prefer or like.
- Potatoes – I used new potatoes, cleaned and halved. You can use whatever potato you have on hand but make sure you cut them the same size, so they cook evenly.
- Red Onion – Roughly chopped.
- Salt and Pepper – To taste.
- Olive Oil – You can substitute vegetable oil, sunflower oil, safflower oil or avocado oil.
- Oregano – Dried.
- Oranges – Zest.
How to Make Spanish Chicken with Chorizo
- Preheat Oven – Preheat your oven to 425 F degrees.
- Prep – Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl and spread them out onto a baking sheet.
- Bake and Serve – Bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked through.
What Is Chorizo?
It’s sausage and it comes in two different types, Mexican and Spanish. Chorizo is made with pork meat that is highly seasoned. Mexican chorizo is made with raw pork while the Spanish chorizo is usually smoked.
Mexican chorizo is a spicy sausage, usually seasoned with vinegar and chili peppers. Spanish chorizo is made is with garlic and smoked paprika, which keeps it that deep red color and smoky flavor.
If you’re lucky enough to have any leftovers, store them covered tightly in plastic or in an airtight container in the fridge. Your leftovers will last for up to 2-3 days.
If you’d like your Spanish chicken with chorizo to keep longer, you can also store it in the freezer. Cooked chicken can be frozen for up to 3 months when stored properly. You can use your frozen chicken for many different meals in the future.
Did You Like This Easy Recipe? Try These!
- One Pot Chicken Drumsticks with Beluga Lentils
- Spanish Rice with Ground Beef
- Baked Garlic and Ginger Chicken Drumsticks
- Pan Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
- Honey Soy Chicken Drumsticks
- Harissa Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
- Chicken Thighs with Sweet Potato and Kale Bake
- Skilled Braised Greek Chicken Thighs
- Chicken with Garlic and Herb Sauce
- Baked Chicken Thighs
- Mexican Chicken and Chorizo Alfredo
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Spanish Chicken with Chorizo and Potatoes
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 chorizo sausage link cut in small pieces
- 1 lb potatoes cleaned and halved, I used new potatoes
- 1 red onion roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- zest from 2 oranges
- Preheat your oven to 425 F degrees.
- Toss all ingredients together in a big bowl then spread them out onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked through.
- 2 drumsticks per serving.
- Store leftovers covered tightly in plastic or in an airtight container in the fridge. Your leftovers will last for up to 2-3 days.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.