Honey Soy Chicken Drumsticks oven baked in an amazing honey, soy and garlic sauce. Tender, fall off the bone, absolutely delicious chicken!
These truly are the best drumsticks you could ever have. If you think chicken drumsticks are boring, think again! Full of fragrant sesame oil, sweet honey, and aromatic garlic, the sauce we cook this chicken down in is so good you’ll have dreams of it swimming in your head long after.
And that sauce, you cannot throw away that sauce that is left in your pan. That sauce is money! Serve this with a nice French baguette and make sure you pour some of that sauce over you chicken, and use your bread to soak in that yumminess.
Detailed measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Chicken – Drumsticks bone in with skin for lots of flavor. Feel free to substitute thighs if that’s what you have on hand.
- Oil – We’re using olive oil for cooking and sesame oil for flavor.
- Honey – We need something sticky sweet that will create a quasi glaze on our chicken as it cooks.
- Soy sauce – Low sodium please, we want to control the salt content of our dish.
- Aromatics – Ginger and garlic both fresh if you can swing it. If fresh ginger is too tough to find feel free to substitute 1/2 teaspoon of ground.
- Pepper – Freshly ground if possible, believe me it’ll make all the difference.
- Parsley – Chopped up fresh to be garnished on top at the end!
How To Make Honey Soy Chicken Drumsticks
- Prepare the chicken: In a 9×13-inch casserole dish, whisk all the ingredients together, excluding the chicken. Add chicken and toss making sure each piece is coated with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for a couple hours, I kept mine in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat the oven: To 375 F degrees.
- Bake the chicken: Remove plastic wrap and bake the drumsticks for 45 to 55 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 180 degrees F (for dark meat), (170 degrees F for white meat). Make sure to turn them over half way through. This way they will get nice color all around.
- Garnish and serve: Garnish the chicken with parsley and serve with the additional sauce.
How to Serve
I like to make this into a nice big spread, a satisfying big old meal if you will with some simple and flavorful side dishes.
- Mashed Potatoes
- No Knead Bread – for dipping in that delicious sauce.
- Fluffy white rice, fresh and steaming waiting to be topped with this crave-able sauce.
- Creamy Polenta
- Any super simple salad that happens to be your favorite, I like one like Kale And Quinoa Salad With Lemon Vinaigrette or Kale Salad With Blueberry Vinaigrette.
- Best of both worlds in regards for carbs and salad, Mediterranean Orzo Salad is a perfect accompaniment.
Other Cooking Options
Combine the sauce ingredients plus the oil in a bag with the chicken drumsticks and shake to coat evenly. Add the chicken including the sauce to your slow cooker. Place the lid on your slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 2 – 4 hours.
Place the sauce ingredients and the drumsticks in a bag or bowl and shake well to ensure the chicken is fully coated, place the chicken in the pressure cooker including the sauce and close the lid according to manufacture guidelines. Cook on manual HIGH for 15 minutes before allowing the steam to release naturally and serve the chicken hot.
Stored in an air tight container properly cooled, this chicken dish will keep for 3 – 4 days in the fridge. Just reheat in the microwave or the oven if you’d prefer when ready to eat.
Place the honey soy chicken drumsticks on a baking sheet and allow to freeze till frozen through, place the drumsticks in a freezer bag or an air tight container after wards and this method will allow them to keep for 4 – 6 months. Remove from the freezer and allow to thaw in the fridge over night when ready to eat. Just reheat in the oven at 350 F degrees till warmed through and enjoy!
More Delicious Chicken Recipes To Try:
- East African Braised chicken
- Crockpot Thai Chicken Thighs
- Sesame Garlic Chicken.
- One Pot Chicken Drumsticks with Beluga Lentils
- Baked Garlic and Ginger Chicken Drumsticks
- Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Korean BBQ Chicken
- Chicken Parmesan
- Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Honey Mustard Chicken
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Honey Soy Chicken Drumsticks
- 3 lbs chicken drumsticks bone in, with skin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 5 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce low sodium
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp ginger freshly grated, ginger powder works as well, about 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp pepper freshly ground
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped, for garnish
- In a 9×13-inch casserole dish, whisk all the ingredients together, excluding the chicken. Add chicken and toss making sure each piece is coated with the marinade.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for a couple hours. I kept mine in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake the drumsticks for 45 to 55 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 180 degrees F (for dark meat), (170 degrees F for white meat). Make sure to turn them over half way through. This way they will get nice color all around.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.