Last updated on November 5th, 2018 at 11:00 am
Honey Soy Chicken Drumsticks – oven baked chicken in an amazing honey, soy and garlic sauce. Tender, meat falls off the bone, delicious chicken!
I know that many times with my recipes I tell you that this recipe is the best. But I mean it. You guys, this chicken! These truly are the best drumsticks you could ever have. If you think chicken drumsticks are boring, think again!
These drumsticks have been marinated in an unbelievable honey and soy sauce with garlic and ginger and my favorite oil, sesame oil. As you bake them, something magical happens. They turn into this beautiful rusty, caramel color and the smell is going to drive you and your pets crazy. The meat becomes so tender, it simply falls off the bone. And that sauce, you cannot throw away that juice that is left in your pan. That juice is money! Serve this with a nice French baguette and make sure you pour some of that juice over you chicken, and use your bread to soak in that yumminess. Or better yet, serve this over a side of mashed potatoes and pour that juice over the potatoes. Trust me, it’s a good thing, your tummy and your taste buds will be pleased.
The great thing about this recipe is that it inspired me to try different combinations next time, like with beer and honey, or a spicy and sweet combination. Chicken drumsticks are the best. You may also use thighs if you want.
I garnished my drumsticks with a lot of fresh parsley that hubs just got from his herb garden, which sadly is coming to an end. Did I mention it’s going to snow here in a couple days? He had to cut out all the parsley and freeze it up, but did I ever enjoy having fresh herbs all summer. I’m sure going to miss this.
But regardless, we have lots of beautiful fresh parsley for now. It smells heavenly and it just looks so beautiful over these drumsticks. You can’t go wrong with this simple recipe for a perfect meal.
If you’re looking for other chicken ideas, try these:
- East African Braised chicken
- Crockpot Thai Chicken Thighs!
- Sesame Garlic Chicken.
- One Pot Chicken Drumsticks with Beluga Lentils
- Baked Garlic and Ginger Chicken Drumsticks
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Honey Soy Chicken Drumsticks
- In a shallow baking dish, about 2 inches deep and 4.8 quart, whisk all the ingredients together, excluding the chicken. Add chicken and toss making sure each piece is coated with the marinade.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for a couple hours. I kept mine in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake the drumsticks for 45 to 55 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 180 degrees F (for dark meat), (170 degrees F for white meat). Make sure to turn them over half way through. This way they will get nice color all around.