Last updated on May 25th, 2018 at 10:36 pm
This Kale Salad with Blueberry Vinaigrette is fresh and delicious, loaded with good for you ingredients like kale, blueberries and apples then drizzled with a yummy blueberry vinaigrette!
I have another kale salad for you because it’s good for you and as much as I always say I’m not a kale fan, I found a way that I can eat it and enjoy it. My secret is to cut it really small. Simple but so true. I know we’re all trying to eat a bit healthier now so this salad is perfect for that and it’s so nutritious and also delicious. My other secret is that if I pack my kale salad with other favorite ingredients, I’m good to go.
To start with, I drizzled a bit of olive oil and lime juice over the finely chopped kale and then tossed it really well, making sure every little piece of kale is going to pop with flavor. Sometimes I’ll even go in there with my hands, clean hands of course, and rub the kale with the oil and lime juice for a few minutes until it almost feels like it’s wilting a bit, and you’ll notice it will lose some of that volume.
I mean, I wish I was like some people that say “Oh I was craving some kale and just had to make a kale salad”, but I’m not, I can honestly say I’ve never craved kale. I crave things like bacon, chocolate, cheese or chips, but not kale. Nope, never happened. I’m just saying. So since I never crave kale, I have to add things I like to it, like feta cheese, yes please, blueberries, apples, avocados and sunflower seeds. Now those are ingredients I love!
And that dressing, oh that dressing, so simple yet divine! With salads like this, who needs bacon? Ahem….me! I suppose you could throw some bacon in there for the sake of it.
Check out some of my other recipes with kale!
- Kale and Quinoa Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Warm Kale Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash
- Chicken Thighs and Sweet Potato Kale Bake
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Kale Salad with Blueberry Vinaigrette
- 8 cups kale stems removed and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice fresh
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 apple cored and sliced
- 1 cup blueberries fresh
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
For Blueberry Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup blueberries fresh
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/8 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- In a large bowl add the kale, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss really well making sure that all the kale is covered in oil and lime juice.
- Add the chopped apples, blueberries, avocado, feta cheese and sunflower seeds.
- In a blender add all the vinaigrette ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve.
Recipe adapted from Clean Eating magazine.