Last updated on June 25th, 2018 at 09:12 pm
These Strawberry Cheesecake Crescent Rolls are super quick to put together, only 25 minutes from start to finish. They’re incredibly delicious, creamy, and perfect for when you have a sweet tooth.
I know what you’re thinking. A dessert recipe in the middle of the week, what the heck is wrong with me, right? Well that’s because I have something special planned for this Friday, so I figured I’d give you the dessert recipe first. Not that these crescent rolls really require a recipe, because they are about as simple as you can get.
Yes, I am using store bought crescent rolls, because this recipe is not about expanding our culinary adventures, but this is really all about satisfying our sweet tooth. I know you know what I’m talking about. For those of you who don’t have crescent rolls that comes out of a can, you can make it yourselves. I would use the dough recipe from my turkey bites, it’s fairly simple to make and it’s a nice and soft dough.
The filling is cream cheese, strawberry jam and strawberries. You will have to microwave the cream cheese just for a few seconds so that it’s soft enough that it’s spreadable. You also could use whipped cream cheese, that works great. Also, I would recommend using seedless strawberry jam, but totally up to you.
After you bake these you will notice that some of the jam will seep out of a the rolls a bit, but who cares, these rolls are not about being pretty, but satisfying that sweet tooth. I think you get it now. Of course you could refrigerate the rolls first for a bit before baking them, maybe half hour, and this should help and give you nice and pretty rolls in the end.
But this is why we use parchment paper, to avoid having to wash the pan. Then, of course, when you place the rolls onto a plate they will look pretty, just throw in some strawberries and people will think you slaved over them for hours. Again, these rolls are not about being pretty, but about our sweet tooth and let me just tell you these rolls are so freaking good, they were gone in seconds, as soon as we were done with the pictures, we pretty much inhaled them. Which is why I only made 8, but feel free to double or triple the recipe! These would also be amazing on a dessert platter with Mini Blueberry Galettes and Churro Apple Pie Cookies.
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Strawberry Cheesecake Crescent Rolls
- Preheat your oven to 375 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat and set aside.
- Microwave the cream cheese for about 30 seconds, just enough so that it's easily spreadable.
- Sprinkle your work surface with a bit of flour. Unroll the crescent rolls and lay them flat on your floured work surface. Top each crescent with about 1 tbsp of cream cheese, about 1 tsp of the strawberry jam and about a tbsp of strawberries. Roll up the crescents and place them onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush each roll with the egg wash, then sprinkle them with a bit of Turbinado sugar or granulated sugar.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!