Last updated on June 25th, 2018 at 09:12 pm
This Strawberry Tiramisu Trifle is a classic dessert that gets a berry twist with lots of strawberries, chocolate and a fabulous mascarpone and pudding cream, still with lots of coffee flavor!
I feel like I haven’t complained to you about the weather in a long time and I really need you to feel my pain because it’s snowing here and it’s going to snow all week. I am so ready for summer, I am beyond ready. I even put my patio furniture out and enjoyed it there briefly for a couple days and now it’s covered in snow. What is that about?
No matter how bad the weather outside is, that won’t stop me from making a fabulous trifle like this strawberry tiramisu trifle that is just unbelievably yummy. Why not? I love tiramisu and I love trifles, put the two together and you’ve got fireworks. And let me just say, trifles scream summer to me, and I want summer so badly to come quicker, this is how I cope!
But this strawberry tiramisu trifle is not only completely delicious, it’s totally gorgeous. I have made this a few times now and every time I make it, it’s a huge success. As a matter of fact, it’s a recipe I shared with you almost 5 years ago and I love it so much, I make it over and over again.
The thing with trifles is that they taste way better the next day. The longer time you give it for those lady fingers to soak up that coffee and have all those other ingredients marry together, the better your trifle will taste. Which, guess what, a trifle really is the perfect dessert to bring to parties or gatherings because you can actually make it the day before. Win win!
This tiramisu trifle has layers of lady fingers dipped in a strong coffee, loads of strawberry, lots of chocolate shavings and to die for mascarpone cream that is made with vanilla pudding and whipped cream.
You’ll be able to assemble this quickly and trust me the hardest part is waiting for a few hours before digging in. Really hard to do, but totally worth the wait!
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Strawberry Tiramisu Trifle
- Set aside one strawberry for garnish; slice the remaining strawberries, stems removed.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Refrigerate for 2 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat mascarpone cheese until smooth; gradually beat in 2 tablespoons coffee. Beat in pudding. Fold in cool whip.
- Dip lady fingers in coffee on both sides, as you're layering, don't dip ahead of time. Line the bottom of a 3-qt. trifle or glass serving bowl with a third of the ladyfingers. Top with a third of the sliced strawberries, grated chocolate and mascarpone mixture.
- Repeat, creating 3 layers of each, finishing off with the mascarpone cream and shaved chocolate.
- Garnish with a strawberry on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!Recipe originally shared May 1st, 2012.