That’s how my life has been over the past few days. I had forgotten how much work a move actually was. We are now finally moved into our new house, but there are boxes everywhere. I’m trying to make sense of it all but it’s taking me longer than I thought.
Needless to say I have not cooked anything in days and I never thought I’d say this but I am getting tired of take out and eating out. I want my kitchen back! I need to be able to cook something. But enough of that.
Here is a simple recipe which I have made a while ago. I for one think portobello mushrooms are underused, so I like to make something different with them every chance I get. These portobello mushrooms are stuffed with a simple feta cheese and red onion mixture which elevates the portobello mushrooms and makes for a fantastic and delicious appetizer.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with Feta Cheese
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- fresh basil chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Pull stems from portobello mushroom caps. Using the tip of a teaspoon, gently scrape off and discard black gills from under side of portobello caps. Rub 1 tbsp of the olive oil over the portobello caps and place cupped side up on a baking sheet. Bake in center of oven for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a large bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients together and toss.
- Let mushrooms cool. When cooled, stuff the portobello mushrooms with the feta cheese mixture, sprinkle additional basil if desired and serve.