This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Cajun Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa are the easiest, most succulent shrimp tacos paired with a bright and flavorful homemade mango salsa. Ready in only 15 minutes – these tacos are fresh, simple and satisfying!
Let’s amplify our taco game with these cajun shrimp tacos. These babies take a mere 15 minutes to create and are loaded with succulent, flavorful shrimp, cooked to perfection in a bold cajun seasoning. And that mango salsa? My favourite part.
There’s something about sweet and spicy salsas that I just can’t get enough of. Ripe mango, bright cherry tomatoes, a nice kick from the jalapeno pepper, and the freshness from the cilantro, green onions and lime juice – make this salsa perfection! A truly simple and stunning dish.
What is Cajun seasoning?
Cajun can mean many different things depending on who you ask. But for this recipe we are talking about cajun seasoning.
Cajun Seasoning is a blend of spices you can find in your pantry – a bit smokey, a bit spicy and a little bit herby. You can find my simple recipe for cajun seasoning here. It pairs beautifully with most meat dishes and is widely popular around the world!
Keep scrolling down to the printable recipe card for FULL ingredient amounts and instructions or click the “Jump to Recipe” button at the top of the page!
For Cajun shrimp
- Shrimp – Large, shells removed.
- Butter – I used unsalted.
- Cajun Seasoning – To taste. Use my simple recipe to make your own cajun seasoning at home.
- Lemon Juice – I used fresh, you can use store bought if you’d like
For mango salsa
- Mango – Fresh, peeled and chopped.
- Cherry Tomatoes – Chopped.
- Lime Juice – I used freshly squeezed, you can use what you have on hand.
- Green Onions – Chopped.
- Jalapeno – Seeded and chopped.
- Cilantro – Chopped.
- Salt & Pepper – To taste.
- Corn Tortillas
- Coleslaw Mix – Optional.
How to make Cajun shrimp tacos
- Prepare Salsa – Toss all the mango salsa ingredients in a bowl and set aside until ready to assemble tacos.
- Cook Shrimp – In a large skillet melt butter on high heat. Season shrimp with cajun seasoning, add to skillet and cook until pink. Turn off heat and squeeze half a lemon over the shrimp.
- Assemble Tacos – To assemble tacos, start with coleslaw mix, shrimp then salsa. Serve.
If you have any leftover cajun shrimp tacos, store them separately in the fridge in an airtight container. Your leftover shrimp will last 3-4 days if stored properly.
Your leftover salsa will have a 3 day limit in the fridge. Make sure to keep it tightly covered or sealed to keep its freshness.
Did you like this recipe? Try these:
- Cajun Shrimp with Tomato Alfredo Pasta
- Shrimp Ceviche
- Crispy Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine
- Coconut Shrimp with Spicy Mango Dipping Sauce
- Shrimp Scampi
- Avocado Shrimp Salsa
- Taco Seasoning
- Shrimp Fiesta Quesadillas
- Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Creamy Cajun Pastalaya
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Cajun Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
For Cajun Shrimp
- 1 lb large shrimp shells removed
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp cajun seasoning or to taste
- juice from half a lemon
For Mango Salsa
- 1 mango peeled and chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- juice from 1 lime
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 6″ corn tortillas
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- To prepare the salsa toss all the mango salsa ingredients in a bowl and set aside until ready to assemble tacos.
- In a large skillet melt the butter on high heat. Season shrimp with cajun seasoning and add shrimp to skillet. Cook until pink, shouldn’t take more than a couple minutes. Turn off heat and squeeze half a lemon over the shrimp.
- To assemble tacos, start with coleslaw mix, shrimp then salsa.
- Store leftovers separately in the fridge in an airtight container. Your leftover shrimp will last 3-4 days if stored properly.
- Your leftover salsa will have a 3 day limit in the fridge. Make sure to keep it tightly covered or sealed to keep its freshness.