Shrimp and Avocado Salsa – fresh ingredients, bold flavors, one great salsa! Perfect appetizer, great for parties, the superbowl, or a fresh summer snack.
Can there be anything better than a delicious salsa made with shrimp, avocado, cucumbers, tomatoes and a lot of other goodies? Probably not!
But before I tell you about this recipe, I need to complain about the weather. It’s been pretty yucky here in Calgary. It’s now almost the middle of August and it rains pretty much every day. I don’t get it. This is supposed to be sunny Calgary.
But anyway, regardless of what the weather is like, one thing’s for sure. This salsa is a summertime recipe, rain or shine. The flavors here are bold, and you have a colorful medley of delicious ingredients. As I was making this, my husband was asking what I was making, and when I told him, he was not thrilled, as usual. I always have this struggle with him, I have to always make him try something, before he’s completely in love with the dish. You’d think he’d learn to trust me after all these years, he should know I always make great food. 🙂
But this was an easy battle. All he had to do is try one bite and he was in love. This salsa has amazing flavors and you taste everything in every bite. It’s a great marriage of fabulous ingredients, that give you a great fresh salsa, delicious to the very last bite.
- 1 lb peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp, chopped
- 5 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- ⅓ cup chopped sweet onion
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips.