Slow Cooker Chicken Chili – easy as 1 2 3, place all the ingredients in the slow cooker, set it and forget it!
I think I love my slow cooker!
I know I love my slow cooker! I don’t understand why I haven’t used one until recently. Not to worry. I plan on making up for lost time.
I can’t believe how convenient they are. You basically dump all the ingredients in there, turn it on and forget about it for a few hours. When you come back you have this amazingly delicious dish! How can you not love this?
I also have a confession to make. I’m pretty much a chili making virgin. I think I’ve made it once before, mainly because I’ve always been scared of making thinking it was a lot of work. But this chicken chili is literally a walk in the park, nothing to it. The chicken melts in your mouth, it’s really delicious. The great thing about this recipe, is that you can tweak it to what you have in your pantry and use whatever beans you have, chicken breast, tomato soup, whatever you have. You can add more chili powder, skip the Tex Mex seasoning, whatever strikes you fancy. You cannot go wrong with this recipe.
Did I mention it’s pretty healthy too?
- 2 cans (15 oz) red kidney beans
- 1½ cups mild salsa
- 1 can (15 oz) no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp Tex Mex seasoning
- 2 lb boneless chicken thighs (or chicken breast) cut into bite size pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup canned corn
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Combine beans, salsa, tomato sauce and chili powder in slow cooker. Top with chicken, onions and corn. Do not stir. Cover with lid.
- Cook on low 6 to 8 hours (or on high 4 to 5 hours); stir.
- Serve topped with cheese.