This week has been the longest week ever. But I say that every single week. I love Fridays, hate Mondays and everything in between, blah blah blah blah blah!
That’s the bad news. The good news is I have a new favorite appetizer. And that’s these tomatoes here! Seriously, it’s my new favorite way to eat tomatoes. These baked Parmesan tomatoes are the bomb!! Strong emphasis on the word baked, hence good for you.
It’s almost magical when you pair together tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. I don’t know, but these two ingredients are a marriage made in heaven. Who ever invented this combo knew what they were talking about.
So I thought it’s only fitting I give you guys a couple tomato jokes, because you know, tomatoes are funny.
Q: Why Did The Tomato Blush?
A: Because he saw the salad dressing
Q: Why did the tomato go out with a prune?
A: Because he couldn’t find a date!
Q: How do you get rid of lazy tomato employees?
A: Can them.
Lame, I know. But funny!
These baked Parmesan tomatoes are so easy to make you don’t even need a recipe, but because I love you guys I’m providing the super simple recipe.
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into 3 slices each
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- a little bit of olive oil for drizzling over the top (optional)
- parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- In a small bowl toss together the Parmesan cheese, dried oregano, salt and pepper. Top each tomato slice evenly with the Parmesan cheese mixture. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil, this is optional.
- Bake for about 5 to 10 minutes or until you notice the cheese starts to turn gold. Garnish with parsley and serve.