Apple Fritters – these golden deep fried apple fritters are simple and delicious, perfect for when you have a sweet tooth.
I’ve probably mentioned this before but my very first job was at a bakery. I was 14 years old and I used to work the cash register. It was a great job in the sense that it was easy and most of all I loved a lot of the baked goods there. I used to love the bread, the clover leaf buns, the macaroons, but most of all I used to love the apple fritters.
Apple fritters are so easy to make, but they are so delicious, and come on, they have apples. They’re nothing more than a sort of donut with apples and fried. The batter is so simple to make, that I made it while the oil was heating up, you really only need less than 5 minutes to make this batter.
This recipe will make lots of apple fritters so there’ll be plenty to share with your neighbors.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¾ cup milk
- 3-4 medium apples, peeled, cored and cut into small pieces
- canola oil for frying
- powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- Heat a couple inches of canola oil over medium heat.
- In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients. In another small bowl, whisk the butter, eggs, milk and vanilla extract together. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir using a wooden spoon. Add apples and stir so that everything is well incorporated.
- Drop teaspoons of the batter into the hot oil and fry until golden brown on each side. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve warm.