Open Faced Veggie Sandwiches – guilt free and delicious lunch. Healthy open faced sandwiches with cucumbers, tomatoes, cream cheese and feta cheese.
The weather has been incredible here in Calgary. We’ve had a beautiful and warm day for Mother’s day. On such gorgeous day I don’t always feel like cooking, so most of the times I turn to sandwiches.
Here’s a sandwich recipe, if you want to call it that, that is super healthy. It’s full of flavor and it looks great too.
It’s like a salad on a sandwich. 🙂
I made a salad with chopped up tomatoes, cucumbers, blue cheese, olive oil and salt and then I spread some cream cheese on a couple slices of dark bread and added some sweet pea shoots. Then I simply took a spoon and spooned the salad over the slices of bread.
Couldn’t be any easier.
Of course I could have eaten the two separately, the bread and the salad, but it was more fun this way and it looked so cute. And you can eat a lot of these and not feel guilty. Just pile on the salad really high, and don’t forget the sweet pea shoots, which have virtually no calories, so add as much as you want.
- 2 slices dark bread
- 2 cocktail tomatoes, chopped in small cubes (1 cm)
- 1 cup chopped english cucumber
- 1 cup sweet pea shoots, chopped
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 tbsp blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, add the chopped tomatoes and cucumbers and toss. Add the olive oil, salt and pepper and toss.
- Spread a tablespoon of cream cheese on each slice of bread. Top each slice of bread with half a cup of the sweet pea shoots.
- Spoon half of the salad on each slice of bread and serve.