Last updated on January 31st, 2018 at 12:03 pm
Banana Blueberry Bread – Perfect combination of bananas and blueberries in a quick bread that’s simple to make, yet delicious and satisfying.
This past weekend I was craving some banana bread, but I wanted something more decadent than just plain old banana bread. So I decided on adding blueberries. Thanks to my husband, who drops everything whenever I ask him to go get me something, got me some fresh and gorgeous blueberries and some ripe bananas. So banana blueberry bread it was.
Sometimes I just love a quick bread with my cup of coffee, so really there’s nothing better on a weekend than a good slice of this heavenly bread. And the best part of it all is that I have leftovers to take to work for breakfast. WIN. WIN!
This banana blueberry bread, just like any other banana breads, is so easy to make. Banana breads are probably one of the first things I learned to make when I started baking. OMG I still remember the time when I used to buy muffin mixes and I used to think that’s baking from scratch. How things have changed. Little did I know then that I had a passion for baking.
So this bread, is so yummy, you get extra sweetness from the blueberries, and I just love biting into a piece of the bread that has blueberries in it, it’s just moist and sweet. Perfect combination of bananas and blueberries in a quick bread that’s simple to make, yet delicious and satisfying.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Banana Blueberry Bread - Perfect combination of bananas and blueberries in a quick bread that's simple to make, yet delicious and satisfying.
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Prepare a 9x5 inch loaf pan by greasing it with the butter and a little flour.
- Rinse a cup of blueberries and sprinkle them with a bit of flour. This will help so that the blueberries won't sink to the bottom.
In a medium bowl mash the bananas with a fork. To this bowl at the oil, milk, vanilla extract, egg, sugar and whisk. Add sugar and whisk.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix the flour mixture with the wet mixture using a wooden spoon or spatula. Add blueberries and mix so that the blueberries are evenly distributed in the batter.
- Pour batter in prepared baking loaf pan and bake for about an hour or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove loaf from pan and let cool before slicing into it.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.