Last updated on April 2nd, 2017 at 08:29 pm
Homemade Slider Buns – nothing beats a homemade bun, the aroma of bread baking in the oven, the warm buns, there’s nothing better.
Ah, these slider buns, love me some slider buns. So here’s the thing. I’ve been wanting to make some sliders forever now but I just can’t seem to find the right buns for them. Eventually I got tired of looking and waiting so I decided to make my own slider buns. Bread is bread, so it’s not that difficult.
I’m so glad I did, these little slider buns turned out amazing, cute little buns, buttery, delicious and best of all only 91 calories a slider bun. Can you believe that? I just love that! I guess that means we can have a few, not just one. Who can eat just one?
Super easy to make, simply mix all ingredients in a mixer and let the dough rise. Make sure your yeast is fresh, otherwise it’ll take forever for your dough to rise, or it might not even rise at all. To speed up the process I turn on the oven for a couple minutes so that it warms up, turn off the oven then I put my dough in there, covered with a clean damp towel and in no time at all you got nice fluffy dough.
All you need to do now is to roll out the dough, I’d say about 1/3 of an inch in thickness. Depends how big or high you want them. I used a 2 inch cookie cutter to cut them out, this way you end up with perfect round rolls every time.
Let them rise a bit again, then brush them generously with melted butter. So good looking, aren’t they? Don’t mind me, I just love dough and working/playing with dough.
After you bake them for about 10 to 12 minutes you have these beautiful, buttery, perfectly round slider rolls that are just ready to be used however you wish.
Come back soon and I’ll share with you my awesome recipe for crab cakes sliders with homemade coleslaw and these cute little slider buns. The crab cake sliders were delish and did not last long at all.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Homemade Slider Buns
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp rapid rise yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp margarine or melted butter
- 2 tbsp butter for brushing
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of your mixer (excluding the 2 tbsp of butter for brushing). Using the hook attachment, mix everything together on medium low for about 3 to 5 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic and the side of the bowl is clean. The dough should be a bit sticky but manageable. If the dough is too hard or dry add a bit more water, or if it's too sticky add more flour.
- Cover the bowl with a clean damp kitchen towel and let the dough rise until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drop the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll it out so that it's about 1/3 inch in thickness. Using a 2 inch cookie cutter, cut the sliders. You should get about 25 sliders from all this dough. Use the leftover dough by kneading it a couple times and rerolling it to a 1/3 inch in thickness. Place the cutout sliders onto the prepared baking sheet leaving a little space in between them, as they will continue to rise.
- Cover the buns with a damp kitchen towel and let them rest for another 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Brush the slider buns with melted butter and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
What you’ll need:
More delicious recipes from my kitchen