These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are loaded with oatmeal, peanut butter and chocolate chips making them super yummy and somewhat healthy.
Although I love to bake so much, it seems I don’t bake cookies often enough. But this weekend I did, and I made this super yummylicious batch of peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Now that’s a mouthful, no pun intended.
In all seriousness, these cookies are money and I’d like to think of them somewhat healthy because of all the oatmeal in them. I know I like to fool myself but oatmeal really is good for you and so is peanut butter, right? There’s just something about peanut butter cookies though, that’s just so comforting to me, especially if you have them with a nice glass of cold milk.
Now here I go complaining about the weather again in the middle of July and you might wonder why? It is freaking cold outside, though most people are happy because they can actually sleep at night now, I’m more disappointed, it is July after all and July is all about the sun and the heat. But hopefully this won’t last long.
So with this dreary weather, I embarked upon my weekend baking and after a lot of consideration and deliberation, I decided upon these fabulous cookies. I had actually made these before many times and had actually even posted them over 3 years ago, but I just had to fix the post and the pictures because looking back on my pictures, it makes me cringe.
I have to say though, these cookies are hubs favorite and usually he’s not a cookie eater, but these cookies, he can’t put down. Also I was pretty liberal with the chocolate chips because I just adore chocolate so I want to feel it in these cookies but feel free to add as much as you want. Raisins, yes raisins would be great in these cookies or pecans. Yum!
Wonderful, aren’t they? Like little jewels!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- In the bowl of your mixer, add butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar and mix until smooth.Add the eggs and vanilla extract and continue mixing.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl and mix only until everything is well incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir in with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Chill the dough for a couple hours.
- Form into 1 inch balls, and flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes.
- This recipes yields about 50 cookies