This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Roasted Garlic and Tomato Soup – perfect on a cold day or when you’re feeling under the weather. Did I mention it’s only 110 calories?
I have been sick now for a few days with the flu. Pretty depressing. But it’s times like this when I remember soups. There’s nothing better to have than a warm soup with some cheesy bread when you have the flu.
OK, so maybe the cheesy bread doesn’t really help with the flu, but it goes great with this roasted garlic and tomato soup. And I love cheesy bread, dipped in this soup it’s to die for.
But enough about the bread, the star of this show here is the soup, after all. It’s probably one of the easiest soups you’ll ever make. You take a baking sheet, cup up some tomatoes in half, you take a garlic bulb and cut the top off, take an onion cut it in half, drizzle all these goodies with some olive oil and sprinkle with salt and place the tray in the oven and roast them for about half hour. During the half hour you can make your cheesy bread and try very hard not to eat it. After all that time you had to eat cheesy bread, hopefully you saved some for the soup, take the veggies and dump them in a blender, add the stock and herbs and blend. If you want at this time you could pour it in a pot and warm it up a bit more, but it’s totally up to you.
You want this soup. The flavors of the roasted garlic and tomatoes are fantastic. You want this soup even if you’re not sick like me.
Oh did I mention you need to grate some Parmesan cheese over the soup? No? What was I thinking, of course you need some Parm! Now go and make this, I know you want to.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Roasted Garlic and Tomato Soup
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1 large onion cut in half
- 3 big tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 to 2 cups of vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- First, start off with roasting the garlic bulb, if you've never done this before it's quite easy, cut off the top and drizzle with some olive oil and salt. We need to roast the garlic, the tomatoes and the onion. Cut the tomatoes and onion in half and drizzle with some olive oil and salt and roast in the oven together with the garlic at 400 F degrees for about 30 to 35 minutes.
- After roasting squeeze the garlic out in a pot, add the roasted tomatoes, the onions, vegetable stock spices and thyme and puree in a food processor or a blender.
- That's all there is to it, when you serve it, add some of the grated Parmesan cheese on top, and serve with a nice slice of toasted bread.