This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Roasted Garlic Hummus – a healthier version of hummus with lots of roasted garlic and a special ingredient, peanut butter.
Have you ever had hummus before? Hummus is Middle Eastern dip made from cooked chickpeas, olive oil, tahini and lemon juice. My version here is slightly different. You must love garlic for this hummus.
I love roasted garlic and I always loved roasted garlic hummus, so I roasted 3 whole garlic heads, which is very easy to do if you’ve never roasted garlic before. You first cut the top of the cloves off and place them in aluminum foil with the cut part on top, drizzle with some olive oil and salt and place them in the oven and roast for about 20 minutes at 400 F degrees. That’s all there is to it.
Once the garlic is roasted, it’s easy to just squeeze or pop the garlic out, right into the food processor where you add the remaining ingredients. My secret ingredient here is not tahini, but peanut butter. Trust me on this one, the hummus is amazing. I also cut down on the olive oil quite a bit, added lots of lemon juice and some cayenne pepper for a bite and this hummus just might be the best hummus you ever ate.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Leave a comment below and rate this recipe or take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Cut the top of the cloves off for each garlic head and place them in aluminum foil with the cut part on top, drizzle with some olive oil and salt and place them in the oven and roast for about 20 minutes.
- Once the garlic is roasted, let it cool down for a few minutes, then squeeze or pop the garlic out, right into the food processor.
- Add chickpeas, olive oil, peanut butter, lemon juice, water, cayenne and salt, pepper and process until the hummus is smooth.
- Transfer to a serving plate, drizzle with additional olive oil if preferred and chives and serve.