Last updated on December 28th, 2017 at 10:27 am
Crockpot Sweet and Tangy Asian Meatballs – if you like meatballs you’ll love these Asian style meatballs, they are sweet and tangy and made in a crockpot!
These crockpot sweet and tangy Asian meatballs are all about pork. I don’t know about you but I love pork meatballs. I love beef meatballs too, heck who am I kidding, I love all meatballs, but pork meatballs hold a special place in my heart. It’s probably because of the fat. They are juicier than any other meatballs and pack a lot more flavor.
But these meatballs here are super special. I loaded them up with lots of garlic, lots of green onions and ginger. A bit different from my usual meatball but special in its own right.
I had leftover ground pork from Christmas, which I used to make my favorite cabbage rolls, but my husband bought like 6 lbs of ground pork, so what better way to use up all that ground pork than to make some yummy meatballs. The sauce here is to die for, it’s got hoisin sauce, Sriracha sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, all my favorite Asian flavors in here, packed into one yummylicious sauce.
I got a new crockpot for Christmas and I couldn’t wait to get in the kitchen and make something special with it. So to me, meatballs are pretty special. I did bake the meatballs for about 25 minutes at first at 400 F degrees, just because I wanted them to have a nice brown color, then in the crockpot they went for about 2 hours on low. These Asian meatballs are the perfect appetizer for any party or potluck. They’re sweet from the hoisin sauce and they’re tangy and just a bit hot from the Sriracha sauce. These meatballs equal perfection!
Would you like one? See I’m offering you one, I know you’re dying to try them. 🙂
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Crockpot Sweet and Tangy Asian Meatballs
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped, about 6
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp ginger freshly grated
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds optional
- 2 green onions chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all the meatball ingredients together in a large bowl. Shape into 1 inch in diameter meatballs and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs for 25 minutes or until just slight brown and no longer pink inside.
- In the meantime, mix all the sauce ingredients together.
- Toss the meatballs together with the sauce and pour into your crockpot. Cook on low for 2 hours. The sauce will reduce and thicken a bit.
- Serve garnished with additional chopped green onion or sesame seeds.