Last updated on April 13th, 2019 at 10:32 pm
Easy Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake – A simple, no-fuss dinner that you can easily make right at home with very few ingredients.
I was just watching Cut Throat Kitchen on the food network channel and one of the dishes they had to make was Fettuccine Alfredo. Needles to say it got me craving it. It was already late and I was looking for some dinner inspiration anyway and this sounded great. Alfredo sauce is so darn good and creamy and rich and just yummy. Luckily, Alfredo sauce is one of the easiest sauces you can make, it’s basic yet very yummy. All you really need is butter, flour and Parmesan cheese, ingredients that I always have in the house. I wanted to make this a bit heartier though so that we wouldn’t be hungry half hour after eating it, so I added some chicken.
I love simple dinner recipes like this, I literally put this together in about half hour. This is perfect, especially after a long hard day at work, and you come home and you’re all tired and don’t feel like slaving in the kitchen for a couple hours.
I would have probably made this with penne, but all I had was spaghetti and elbow macaroni, so I figured elbow macaroni would work better here, but use whatever pasta you happen to have. I used only one chicken breasts, but it was a huge one, which i cut in very small pieces and cooked it in a bit of butter. If you want to cut down on the time some more, use chicken breast from a store bought roasted chicken, and shred it, it would be perfect here.
My favorite part about this dish is the fresh mozzarella I sprinkled over the top and put the skillet under the broiler just until the mozzarella melted nicely and got golden brown on top. Yummy! Nothing beats a creamy and rich Chicken Alfredo pasta bake. A simple, no-fuss dinner that you can easily make right at home with very few ingredients.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Easy Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake
- Turn your broiler on. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a large skillet melt 1 tbsp of the butter. Add chicken pieces and cook just until chicken is no longer pink and is beginning to slightly brown. Remove chicken from skillet.
- In the same skillet, add remaining butter and melt it. Pour the heavy cream in the skillet and whisk it. Add the flour and continue whisking until sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper and add the Parmesan cheese. Continue whisking. By now the sauce should be pretty thick, use some of the pasta water to thin it out a bit. Add chicken and pasta to skillet and toss well.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and place under the broiler for about 5 minutes until cheese is bubbly and gets golden brown, checking often to make sure the top doesn't burn.
- Garnish with parsley and more Parmesan cheese if preferred.