Last updated on April 13th, 2019 at 10:32 pm
This Easy Creamy Chicken Alfredo is a super simple yet delicious recipe to make for a restaurant quality dish, ready in 30 minutes. So creamy and cheesy!
Did you know that Fettuccine Alfredo was invented by a Roman restaurateur called Alfredo, who became famous for serving it with a gold fork and spoon. Well I didn’t serve with a gold fork and spoon, but it was fantastic nonetheless.
Fettuccine Alfredo is one of my favorite dishes to order when I go to a restaurant. There’s something really special about enjoying a plate full creamy pasta laden with cheese. It just makes me feel real good inside. To me creamy and cheesy pasta is my ultimate comfort food. This recipe here is my go to recipe for Fettuccine Alfredo and it has a special ingredient, and that is ricotta cheese. It just makes this sauce extra creamy and cheesy. The other best thing about this recipe is that it’s ready in only 30 minutes!
The next time you feel like carbo-loading because you’ve been eating too much salad this week and you strive for balance in your life, or because you’re hungover, etc., make this chicken Fettuccine Alfredo and I guarantee you’ll feel better and all your worries and troubles will be behind you.
This is the perfect kind of dish to serve on a busy week night because it literally took me 30 minutes to make from start to finish and it was creamy, cheesy and delicious.
Try these recipes if you’re craving more pasta dishes:
- Creamy Lemon Chicken Piccata Fettuccine
- Crispy Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine
- One Pot Fettuccine with Beef Ragu
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Easy Creamy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- 12 oz fettuccine uncooked
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 lb chicken breasts boneless and skinless, cut into 1 inch pieces, about 2
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 8 tbsp butter unsalted
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Drop in the pasta all at once and quickly bring the water back to boil, stirring occasionally. Cook the pasta for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan melt the 2 tbsp of butter. Season the chicken with salt and pepper then add to the saucepan. Cook until slightly golden and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Melt the 8 tbsp of butter over medium-high heat in the same pan then add the ricotta cheese, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese and stir to combine everything together. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste the sauce for salt and pepper and season as necessary.
- Add the chicken and fettuccine back to the saucepan and toss everything together and continue cooking until heated through.
- Garnish with extra Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley and serve immediately.