Last updated on June 2nd, 2018 at 11:43 am
Creamy Lemon Chicken Piccata Fettuccine – this is for the lemon lovers out there. Crispy chicken with fettuccine in a creamy lemony sauce with capers and garlic.
My lemon chicken piccata recipe is one of my favorite chicken recipes of all time, plus it’s one of the most popular recipes here on Jo Cooks. There’s a reason for that and it’s probably due to its simplicity and of course its delicious taste. Having said that, this creamy lemon chicken piccata fettuccine is a derivative of that recipe, but with a twist.
One of the most common questions from you guys on the lemon chicken piccata was what to serve it with. Well the answer is pretty much anything, mashed potatoes, pasta, or steamed veggies such as asparagus or broccoli. Which is what I basically did here, though I changed the sauce a bit and added some heavy cream to it and some garlic and tossed the sauce with some fettuccine.
The sauce is very lemony, so as I said above this is for those lemon lovers out there, plus the capers add that additional tangy and briny flavor to the sauce. To make this dish though, we start out by seasoning the chicken with salt and pepper, then dredging it through some flour. We then fry the chicken in some butter until browned on both sides. You don’t need to cook the chicken until it’s completely cooked inside because we will finish cooking the chicken later on in the oven. I always do this whenever I’m not sure if the chicken is cooked through and to avoid eating raw chicken, I always place it in the oven for about 20 to 30 minutes.
The sauce is also quite simple to make, the only thing to note is that if you use low fat cream like I did, the sauce might curdle a bit, but if you just use regular heavy cream as stated in the recipe, the sauce shouldn’t curdle.
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Creamy Lemon Chicken Piccata Fettuccine
- 8 oz fettuccine uncooked
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breasts skinless and boneless (about 3 or 4)
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 4 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1 tbsp capers
- 3 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Parmesan cheese
- Cook the fettuccine according to package instructions until it's al dente.
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Add the 1/2 cup of flour to a shallow plate. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then dredge through the flour.
- In an oven safe skillet melt the butter over medium heat. add the chicken and cook on both sides until golden brown, about 3 or 4 minutes per side. Do not worry if the chicken is not cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Discard the leftover butter in the skillet and add the olive oil. Whisk in the flour until a paste forms. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Whisk in the chicken broth, you will notice it start to thicken immediately.
- Add the thyme, capers, lemon juice and stir. Stir in the heavy cream and season with salt and pepper if needed. Add the chicken back to the skillet and place in the oven and cook for about 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Toss the pasta together with sauce, you can remove the chicken to make it easier to toss the pasta with the sauce, then garnish with parsley and if preferred some Parmesan cheese.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!