This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These spicy peanut and chicken soba noodles are amazing and a super simple dish that can be made in under 30 minutes.
I have to admit it.
I am a soba noodles virgin!
That’s right. In all my life, I have never had Soba Noodles.
Of course, I couldn’t let this go on forever. So I bought some. First of all, I didn’t even know what soba noodles are. But as usual, I did my homework, and asked my good old friend, google. How did we ever live before google. Well anyway, this is what I learned. Soba is actually a Japanese word which means buckwheat. So Soba noodles are really just buckwheat noodles.
I’ve been wanting to make a spicy peanut sauce for a long time so I finally decided to make it and thought it would go perfect with soba noodles. I don’t know if you love peanut sauce, but I adore it. I made this dish, and I didn’t really follow a recipe, just threw in some ingredients, but I have to tell you something. So listen carefully.
These noodles are the best noodles I ever ate!
I’ve never lied to you and I’ve never steered you wrong. When I tell you I love a recipe, I mean it. This is my all time favorite noodle recipe. There is so much flavor in this dish, I added Frank’s hot sauce to make it spicy, peanuty and a bit sweet from the peanut butter, oh and the chicken! Oh that chicken, I put bourbon on it, and soy sauce and honey, oh it was just delicious. Are you hungry yet, because my mouth is watering just writing about it. I don’t know if it was the soba noodles really soaking in those flavors or what, but I could not get enough of these noodles. I can’t wait to make them again.
And because I love you all I’m going to share this wonderful concoction with you.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Spicy Peanut and Chicken Soba Noodles
- 1 9 oz package soba noodles
- 1 red bell pepper cut in slices
- 2 chicken breasts boneless, skinless, cut into small strips
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 1/4 cup dark sesame oil
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp Frank's hot sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste if needed
- chives for garnish
- Cook Soba noodles according to package instructions.
- In the meantime, in a large skillet heat sesame oil and add the chicken pieces to it. Cook chicken until no longer pink, then add garlic and ginger to it. Saute the garlic and ginger with the chicken for another 2 minutes and then add the red pepper, and saute an additional 2 minutes.
- Add bourbon, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, and hot sauce. In a small bowl, whisk the peanut butter with the water together and pour over the chicken. The sauce should thicken, add additional water if you want to make the sauce thinner. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Add soba noodles to skillet, remove from heat, and toss well to make sure all the noodles are coated with the sauce.
- Garnish with chives.
Now you can eat.