Last updated on April 13th, 2019 at 10:32 pm
This Chicken Ranch Pasta Salad is perfect for a BBQ, a picnic or a lunch. Loaded with chicken, bacon, tomatoes and olives and smothered in a creamy ranch, mayo and sour cream dressing, this will be your “go to” pasta salad this summer!
Don’t you feel like summer is going by too quickly? It sure feels like that to me. I love summers too much, partially because they’re short here, but mostly because I love wearing flip flops everywhere. You might think that’s a weird reason, but hey that’s me. To make me feel all summery, if that’s even a word! I made a pasta salad for you, my friends, because I feel that a good pasta salad is like the quintessential summer salad that’s perfect for all occasions.
I also realized that I don’t have quite that many pasta salads on my blog here, although I spend quite a lot of time each summer trying to come up with great pasta salad combinations because it really is one of my favorite things to eat in the summer, next to ice cream.
Ranch dressing, while it may not be the healthiest dressings out there, is my favorite, so it’s a no brainer to make a pasta salad with it. I wanted this salad to be extra creamy, because I’ve made pasta salads in the past where you, my dear readers, have mentioned that they need more dressing. So this pasta salad, has plenty of that creamy ranch dressing, combined together with sour cream and mayo.
But the reason I love this salad so much is because it’s loaded with chicken and it has one of my favorite all time ingredients, BACON. Yes, it’s true, bacon does make the world go round.
The other ingredient that I added and love in this salad are the tomatoes because it adds a burst of freshness to the salad. So there you have it, creamy, fresh, bright and balanced, my favorite pasta salad and the only salad I want to have for the rest of the summer.
Check out some of my other pasta salad recipes to keep your summer going!
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Chicken Ranch Pasta Salad
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup chives chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
For Pasta Salad
- 10 oz pasta I used Rigati, which is a smaller version of Rigatoni
- 6 slices bacon chopped and fried
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and diced (about 2 cups), I used all the breast from a Rotisserie chicken
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- In a medium size bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain in a colander and rinse it under cold water to stop it from cooking any further.
- Transfer the pasta to a large bowl. Add the bacon, chicken breast, celery, black olives and cherry tomatoes then add the prepared dressing. Toss well.
Watch How To Make It
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!