Last updated on May 10th, 2018 at 03:14 pm
Cinnamon Chocolate Pecan Pie Cookies – you won’t believe how easy these cookies are to make with store bought pie crust! They’re super flaky, tastes like pecan pie and so much easier!
Yes, I went ahead and baked again in this crazy heat. Luckily these cookies only take 15 minutes to bake so I’d gladly suffer through the heat for the chance to sink my teeth into these delicious little morsels. And delicious they are!
You know what’s great about these cookies? No cookie batter, my friends. Nope, all you need is store bought pie shells, sure you can make your own if you so desire, but it’s summer, so let’s not kill ourselves here. But isn’t this a brilliant idea, if I do say so myself? It’s like pecan pie in a cookie, and lately I have been obsessed with pecan pie. You’ll see, more pecan pie related recipes coming your way.
Sometimes I amaze myself when I make stuff like these cookies, simply because of the simplicity behind it all. So let’s make these puppies. All you need, as I said, is a couple pie shells (store bought), some butter, cinnamon, sugar, cocoa powder for that chocolate flavor, lots of chopped pecans and lots and lots of love. Butter your pie shells generously, because sometimes butter makes the world go round, just like bacon. I think the common denominator there is fat, but moving on. Mix your sugar with the cinnamon and cocoa powder then sprinkle it over the pie shells. Don’t be shy, be generous. Then add in your chopped pecans, chopped walnuts work as well, I’m not judging.
Roll it up and then cut it into thin slices. I just used a sharp knife here, I tried floss at first but it didn’t work quite as well, so a sharp knife did the trick. Bake these babies until golden then have at it. It’s all you can eat today because although a cookie is 91 calories, who’s counting? Today we eat cookies, tomorrow we exercise….like that’s going to happen.
If you love these cookies, you have to try these recipes:
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Cinnamon Chocolate Pecan Pie Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 f degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine cinnamon, brown sugar and cocoa powder in a small bowl.
- On a floured surface, roll out each pie shell so that it's about 12 inches in diameter.
- Brush butter over pie crust, then sprinkle with half the cinnamon sugar over the entire surface. Sprinkle with half the chopped pecans then roll up the dough and cut into 1/2 inch pieces. Each pie shell should generate about 18 to 20 cookies, depending on how thick you cut them. Repeat with remaining pie shell and ingredients.
- Transfer slices onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 12 to 15 minutes or until golden.
Products you may need for this recipe: