Chocolate Pecan Pie Cookies – Chopped pecans mixed together with butter and corn syrup and cocoa powder, simply makes for the most perfect cookie filling.
If you’re not yet tired of Christmas cookies recipes and are desperately searching for more, you’re in luck. I have another wonderful cookie recipe. These have got to be one of my favorite cookies, every time I eat one, and I have had quite a few so far, I feel like I’ve died and gone to heaven! Exaggerate you think? Not I!
Chocolate Pecan Pie Cookies
This is a brilliant idea. I love pecan pie and so does hubs, but who’d have thunk to put it in a cookie! This is beyond brilliance, this is happiness. This is what I think of when I think of the perfect cookie.
Chopped pecans mixed together with butter and corn syrup and my secret ingredient cocoa powder, simply makes for the most perfect cookie topping. Forget about healthy cookies, there’s no such thing here, and I originally intended to make these cookies and take them to work.
Usually when I do this, I throw all healthy ingredients out the window and focus on how to make something gloriously unhealthy. Now, I’m not so sure these will make it to work. I don’t think I can part with them.
How to Make Chocolate Pecan Pie Cookies
The cookie part itself is your typical cookie ingredients, you need butter, sugar and flour. But star of this cookie really is that pecan filling. Yes, I admit I could eat that filling without the cookie, but what fun would there be in that, besides stuffing my face and feeling happy.
These perfect little cookies start out by being rolled out into perfect little cookie balls which are then slowly and generously brushed with egg white.
And then with love and patience, you slowly make an indentation in each cookie ball. You can use your thumb, or my secret, if you want to call it that, is I use a bottle cork. I know what you’re thinking, pretty sophisticated equipment here.
But here comes the most difficult part of making these cookies and I strongly urge you, to not stuff yourself with the filling, unlike me with barely no restraint, to fill each cookie with a teaspoon of that magnificent chocolate pecan filling.
After you bake these cookies you need to transfer them to a wire rack and let them cool. Now you can have one.
Looking for More Cookie Recipes? Try These:
- Cinnamon Chocolate Pecan Pie Cookies
- Churro Apple Pie Cookies
- Walnut Cookies
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- Classic Shortbread Cookies
- Lemon Thumbprint Cookies
- Chocolate Rumballs
- Cherry Pecan Rugelach
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Chocolate Pecan Pie Cookies
- 1 cup butter salted and softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 2 eggs separated
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- To the bowl of your mixer, add 1 cup butter, brown sugar and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add 1/2 cup corn syrup and egg yolks and beat well. Gradually stir in the flour. Wrap the cookie dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- In the mean time, melt 1/4 cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat and stir in powdered sugar and the 3 tbsp of corn syrup. Add cocoa powder and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in pecans. Let the mixture cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Shape cookie dough into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Slightly beat egg whites just until foamy. Brush egg whites on the cookie dough balls.
- Make an indentation with your thumb in each cookie ball. Place about 1 tsp of pecan mixture into the indentations.
- Bake for about 13 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Remove cookies to wire racks and let cool completely.