Easy Chicken Salad Sandwiches – fresh, delicious and a perfect lunch or snack. Made with homemade chicken salad.
I have to confess something to you all. I’ve been obsessed with this show called Pretty Little Liars. I was in the kitchen one day cooking and I wanted to watch something on Netflix when I came across this show and thought I’d give it a try. Well one show in and I was hooked. Ever since then this is pretty much all I’ve watched on TV. As I watch each show I think one more and I’ll find out who A is. Well I don’t want to spoil it for you if you haven’t seen it, but this show is my vice, what’s yours?
Now if you want to take a break and watch your favorite show, I have the perfect snack for you, and that is this perfect and easy chicken salad sandwich. And since I haven’t cooked with bacon lately, and we all know how I feel about bacon, I decided to add bacon to this sandwich. Feel free to omit it if you have something against bacon, but I guarantee you, this sandwich is better with bacon.
The chicken salad here is so good, I used left over roast chicken, celery and green onions, I also added a bit of lemon juice and of course mayo. You can’t get any easier with a chicken salad. So next time you watch your favorite show and want something to eat, here’s your sandwich.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Easy Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- 2 cups chicken cooked and chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 3 green onions chopped
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 4 slices bread
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 4 slices bacon fried
- In a medium bowl mix the chicken, celery, green onion, lemon juice, mayonnaise, salt and pepper together.
- Assemble the sandwiches by placing a lettuce leaf, tomato slices, 2 bacon slices per sandwich, and half of the chicken salad on each sandwich.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.