This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Flu Fighter Chicken Noodle Soup is loaded with good for you ingredients, it’s cozy and the epitome of comfort food. Perfect for when you’re feeling congested or experiencing flu-like symptoms.
It’s officially flu season here and it seems like everywhere I go, someone is sick with the flu. On top of that it’s been snowing here. We haven’t had much snow this year yet, so I have to admit that I actually like it, it’s so pretty to look at, especially the hoar frost on the trees, simply gorgeous! When the weather gets cold like this, it’s officially soup season, and I love making lots of soups, especially easy soups like this flu fighter chicken noodle soup.
This soup is loaded with anti-oxidant rich vegetables, loads of chicken and noodles. I made this soup with already cooked chicken to speed it up, but if you have the time, I strongly recommend cooking your own chicken and using that broth, but I know we all lead busy lives, so cooked chicken works just as well, and it’s so much quicker. I actually used a whole roast chicken, just picked all the meat from it, discarded the bones and skin then chopped it up.
You’ll find a few different ingredients in this soup, like the hot sauce, soy sauce and herbs de Provence but trust me when I say you will not want to skip those ingredients. It’s what makes this soup special and gives it that wonderful flavor. A bowl of this soup and you’ll feel so much better! I used some egg noodles I had here, but feel free to use the pasta of your choice.
This chicken noodle soup is really healthy with bold and delicious flavors. I feel really bad if you currently have the flu and are in need of this delicious soup, so if you do, I hope you’ll give this soup a try or get somone to make it for you.
If you have an instant pot, try my Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup for a quick chicken soup from scratch.
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Flu Fighter Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp herbs de Provence
- 1 tbsp hot sauce I used Sriracha
- 2 tbsp soy sauce low sodium
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 3 cups cooked chicken shredded or chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 8 cups chicken broth low sodium, 2 32 oz boxes
- 3 cups dry egg noodles
- 2 green onions chopped for garnish
- In a large Dutch oven or soup pot heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add the onion, celery, carrots, garlic, red pepper flakes, herbs de Provence and stir. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes until the onion softens a bit and becomes translucent.
- Add the hot sauce, soy sauce, salt, pepper, cooked chicken, dill, parsley and stir. Add the chicken broth and stir. Add the noodles, and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with more parsley and chopped green onions.