Last updated on April 13th, 2019 at 10:32 pm
This Flu Fighter Chicken Noodle Soup is loaded with good for you ingredients, it’s cozy and the epitome of comfort food. Perfect for when you’re feeling congested or experiencing flu-like symptoms.
It’s officially flu season here and it seems like everywhere I go, someone is sick with the flu. On top of that it’s been snowing here. We haven’t had much snow this year yet, so I have to admit that I actually like it, it’s so pretty to look at, especially the hoar frost on the trees, simply gorgeous! When the weather gets cold like this, it’s officially soup season, and I love making lots of soups, especially easy soups like this flu fighter chicken noodle soup.
This soup is loaded with anti-oxidant rich vegetables, loads of chicken and noodles. I made this soup with already cooked chicken to speed it up, but if you have the time, I strongly recommend cooking your own chicken and using that broth, but I know we all lead busy lives, so cooked chicken works just as well, and it’s so much quicker. I actually used a whole roast chicken, just picked all the meat from it, discarded the bones and skin then chopped it up.
You’ll find a few different ingredients in this soup, like the hot sauce, soy sauce and herbs de Provence but trust me when I say you will not want to skip those ingredients. It’s what makes this soup special and gives it that wonderful flavor. A bowl of this soup and you’ll feel so much better! I used some egg noodles I had here, but feel free to use the pasta of your choice.
This chicken noodle soup is really healthy with bold and delicious flavors. I feel really bad if you currently have the flu and are in need of this delicious soup, so if you do, I hope you’ll give this soup a try or get somone to make it for you.
If you have an instant pot, try my Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup for a quick chicken soup from scratch.
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Flu Fighter Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp herbs de Provence
- 1 tbsp hot sauce I used Sriracha
- 2 tbsp soy sauce low sodium
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 3 cups cooked chicken shredded or chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 8 cups chicken broth low sodium, 2 32 oz boxes
- 3 cups dry egg noodles
- 2 green onions chopped for garnish
- In a large Dutch oven or soup pot heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add the onion, celery, carrots, garlic, red pepper flakes, herbs de Provence and stir. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes until the onion softens a bit and becomes translucent.
- Add the hot sauce, soy sauce, salt, pepper, cooked chicken, dill, parsley and stir. Add the chicken broth and stir. Add the noodles, and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with more parsley and chopped green onions.
Watch How To Make It
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!