This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Indian Style Lentils with Pork Tenderloin – yummy and spicy lentils packed with a ton of health benefits.
I don’t cook with lentils often, but I do love them, especially lentil soup. I should cook with them more often because lentils have lots of health benefits and are full of proteins.
Benefits of lentils include:
- Cholesterol reduction
- Regulates your blood sugar levels
- Improves your digestion
- They include insoluble fiber which gives you the sensation of being full sooner therefore helping in weight loss
- Cancer prevention
- Cardiovascular disease prevention
Those are some great health benefits, and it should make us want to eat them more often. Anyway I don’t want to sound like I’m preaching, so I’ll stop here.
But I will tell you this. This lentil dish is super yummy, and oh so spicy! You know for a person that always says doesn’t like spicy food (me), I sure do make and eat a lot of spicy food lately. Could it be that I’m changing? Maybe!
This dish is full of flavor from all the wonderful ingredients I added and it has Indian flavors from the garam masala and cumin. So good. I served mine over rice, but I think it can be eaten plain as well and cut down on the carbs at the same time.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Indian Style Lentils with Pork Tenderloin
- In a dutch oven, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil. Season pork pieces, with salt, pepper and chili powder. Add seasoned pork and sear the meat until it’s brown. Remove meat from dutch oven and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil to dutch oven and heat. Add garam masala and cumin and stir. Add the onion, garlic, carrot and jalapeno pepper, stir well and cook until browned, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add lentils, meat and vegetable broth to dutch oven and stir. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if needed. Cover and cook until lentils are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve over rice or plain.