This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Mango Lassi is smooth, creamy, sweet and super delicious. Perfect way to beat the heat and quench your thirst with this delectable Indian smoothie. It tastes rich and indulgent but is actually healthy and low fat!
Whenever I go out to eat at Indian restaurants, I always make sure to order one of their delicious and fresh mango lassis. They are just so rich and delectable, filled with intense mango flavor balanced out with that yogurt creaminess. When I first endeavoured to make my own, I was shocked to find out how healthy and low fat they truly are! I couldn’t wait to share this recipe with you guys, especially as summer is right around the corner.
What Is A Lassi?
Lassi is a traditional Indian drink that uses yogurt, fruit, water, and spices to create what is essentially a stellar smoothie. You can enjoy this drink any time of day, paired with virtually any meal.
Any time I have leftover mangoes that I have trouble using up before they get too mushy, I like to peel them, dice them up, and pop them in the freezer to use for future lassi! The riper the mangoes the better the lassi taste so make sure they’re super ripe when making a mango lassi.
Ingredients In Mango Lassi
This recipe is so simple! Only a few ingredients are needed to set it off. Detailed measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Mango – I prefer to use fresh mangoes then sliced up while perfectly ripe. If you have some pre-sliced and frozen feel free to use those.
- Yogurt – I like to use Greek yogurt for it’s tang, reduced fat, and boost of protein.
- Milk – Use whichever fat content you’d like for this ingredient, or any nondairy replacement happens to be your favorite. I’ve made this with almond milk and soy milk and it tastes just as great.
- Honey – For that extra sweetness.
- Spices – Ground cardamom really adds complexity to our Mango Lassi, so add some if you have it in your spice cupboard!
How To Make Mango Lassi
Detailed measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Blend blend blend: Just add all the listed ingredients to your blender and blend away. Pour into a glass and garnish however you like!
And that’s it! You’ll be enjoying this smoothie in no time.
Tips For Making The Best Lassi
- Some more traditional recipes ax the mango all together and instead use dried fruits and almonds or pistachios. If you go this route be sure to add some sugar dissolved well in the milk to be sure it’s still sweet.
- Feel free to add a squeeze of lime juice to this recipe for more complexity and acidity.
- Some versions even include a hit of cumin, so play around with what spices strike your fancy!
- Lassi makes a great accompaniment to spicy food as yogurt and fat based drinks help cut the heat more so than just water.
- Garnish with saffron strands and pistachios to really impress your guests.
- Add other fruits like bananas or strawberries for different flavors.
Storing Leftover Lassi
While this drink is best enjoyed cold and fresh, you can store it in the fridge for up to 2 days. Just be sure to give it a good stir if you find it’s separated. The mango can be stored frozen in the freezer for up to 12 months.
More Delicious Drinks To Try:
- Pomegranate Elderflower Spritzers
- Mango Lemonade
- Red Grapefruit And Basil Mimosas
- Mango Strawberry And Spinach Smoothie With Hemp Hearts
- Nutella Frappuccino
- Sangria Blanco
- Canadian Caesars
- Raspberry Fizz
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
- 4 mangos sliced
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp cardamom ground
- Add all the ingredients to your blender.
- Blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and garnish however you like!