Mexican BLT with Guacamole is a healthier way to eat a BLT, there are lots of veggies, turkey bacon is used instead and the guacamole is super healthy.
I think I have a split personality when it comes to food. The reason I say this is because sometimes you see recipes like this Mexican BLT with Guacamole or this Thai Chicken Salad on my blog which are fairly healthy and then sometimes you see recipes like Sex in a Pan or this chocolate cake here. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, I just wanted you to know that I know.
Have I confused you yet? Well here’s the thing my friends, you need variety in your life, so here you will find lots of variety, lots of different kinds of recipes for all sort of occasions.
But let’s not digress any further, because this Mexican BLT here is the bomb!
When I think of clean eating, this sandwich here is what I think of. Yes there is pancetta, and a crispy and wonderfully delicious white baguette, but it’s also packed with loads of lettuce, fresh guacamole, chicken bacon, tomatoes, radishes, and green onions and it’s all drizzled with some freshly squeezed lime juice. This sandwich here beats any sandwich you buy anywhere. Who needs subway when you can make this yourself.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Mexican BLT with Guacamole
- 1 avocado
- 1 small tomato chopped
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
For Mexican BLT
- 2 small white baguettes mine were about a foot long
- 6 slices chicken bacon cut in small pieces
- 8 slices pancetta medium slices, if thin slices use more
- 4 radishes sliced
- 2 cups lettuce chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 lime
- freshly ground pepper
- Turn your broiler on high. Cut baguettes in half lengthwise, but do not cut all the way through. Split open and place on a baking sheet. Place the baking sheet under the broiler and toast the baguettes for about 1 min or until lightly toasted.
- In a small bowl mash the avocado. Add tomatoes, green onions, and the lime juice and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the pancetta in small pieces and fry it in a non stick pan, no additional oil is necessary, just until lightly browned. Remove from pan and add the chicken bacon and fry until lightly browned.
- To assemble the sandwiches, spread half of the guacamole onto each baguette. Next layer with half of the lettuce on each, chicken bacon, tomatoes, radishes, green onions, half the pancetta and drizzle with lime juice.
- If there are any veggies left over, make a small salad and drizzle with a bit of olive oil and lime juice.
- Inspired from Jamie’s 15-Minute Meals