Last updated on August 8th, 2017 at 11:36 am
Cauliflower Poppers – cauliflower pieces coated with simple spices and roasted to perfection.
What? What’s with the cauliflower poppers II?
Well I have another version here, but I love my cauliflower so much I had to try it with different spices.
But before I do I need to complain a little about the weather we’ve having. I can’t take it anymore!! You Calgarians out there know what I’m talking about. It is past the middle of March and it won’t stop snowing. I crave warm weather. I want to not see snow anymore! It’s days like this that I wish I lived on a secluded island…
OK, I have to snap back to reality. I’m sorry if I complain about winter all the time, but the winters here are long and dreary.
Anyway, back to today’s recipe which is a favorite of mine, not of my husband’s though, which is a bonus for me because we don’t have to fight over these morsels. I don’t know what it is about roasted cauliflower that I love so much, but I do, and especially if you flavor the cauliflower with different spices like I did this time, very simple spices I might say, smoked paprika, and salt and pepper. You can’t get any simpler than that. I did rub some olive oil over the cauliflower pieces, but that’s about it. I do like my cauliflower nicely roasted. This is so delicious, it’s like popcorn, it’s healthy, it makes a perfect side dish, it’s the ultimate healthy snack.
Have I sold you on it yet? Come on, cauliflower is good for you, stop being fussy and make this!
Cauliflower Poppers IIPrint Pin Rate
- 1 large head of cauliflower cleaned and cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix the paprika, salt and pepper together.
- In another large bowl toss the cauliflower with the olive oil so that each piece is covered. Sprinkle the spices over the cauliflower pieces and toss to make sure each piece is coated with the spice mixture.
- Place the cauliflower on the baking sheet and bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. You will have to turn it every 15 min or so to make sure it browns on all sides.