Cauliflower Poppers – cauliflower pieces coated with simple spices and roasted to perfection.
Today’s recipe which is a favorite of mine, not of my husband’s though, which is a bonus for me because we don’t have to fight over these morsels. I don’t know what it is about roasted cauliflower that I love so much, but I do, and especially if you flavor the cauliflower with different spices like I did this time, very simple spices I might say, smoked paprika, and salt and pepper.
You can’t get any simpler than that. I did rub some olive oil over the cauliflower pieces, but that’s about it. I do like my cauliflower nicely roasted. This is so delicious, it’s like popcorn, it’s healthy, it makes a perfect side dish, it’s the ultimate healthy snack.
Have I sold you on it yet? Come on, cauliflower is good for you, stop being fussy and make this!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
- 1 head cauliflower cleaned and cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix the paprika, salt and pepper together.
- In another large bowl toss the cauliflower with the olive oil so that each piece is covered. Sprinkle the spices over the cauliflower pieces and toss to make sure each piece is coated with the spice mixture.
- Place the cauliflower on the baking sheet and bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. You will have to turn it every 15 min or so to make sure it browns on all sides.