Did I ever tell you I hate Mondays?
Well I do! It’s all about waking up early in the morning after sleeping in on the weekend. I keep pressing that snooze button but I know that if I press it one more time I’ll be late for work. I guess this is what happens after having a great weekend, you don’t want it to end. And a great weekend I had.
Part of this great weekend was making this gorgeous cake. Isn’t it pretty? It’s adorable I know. Now I love a good cheesecake and this cheesecake is delicious. The flavors here are amazing, goat soft cheese and lemon, so good. The crust is also amazing because it has ground almonds. And the toppings, oh the toppings are to die for. Fresh figs from the market, pecans and drizzled with honey.
This cheesecake melts in your mouth, this cheesecake is heavenly. You want to make this cheesecake.
- 8.5 oz (240 g) plain flour
- 7 oz (200 g) butter, coarsely chopped
- 2.8 oz (80 g) ground almonds
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 16 oz (452 g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 11 oz (300 g) soft fresh goats cheese, at room temperature
- 2.6 oz (75 g) softened butter
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- zest from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 10 - 12 black figs, cut into quarters
- chopped pecans
- For base, work the flour, butter, almonds and powdered sugar until fine crumbs form in a food processor. Turn onto a lightly floured work surface and knead until the dough comes together. If the dough is a little dry and does not come together easily, add a tiny amount of water. Press into the lined base of a 9″ springform pan and chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees and bake until light golden and cooked through, around 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, goats cheese, butter, eggs, sugar, vanilla, lemon juice and zest in an electric mixer until combined and smooth. Lightly grease the sides of the cake tin above the base and pour in the cream cheese filling. Bake until set, 30-40 minutes and cool to room temperature (2 – 3 hours). Top with figs, pecans and serve drizzled with honey.