Sopapilla Cheesecake – an embarrassingly easy to make cheesecake that’s ridiculously delicious and will totally blow your mind.
The weather here has been dreary, dark and raining pretty much non-stop. Which sucks if you ask me, seeing that it’s Stampede week. I’ve been waiting for a sunny day to go and enjoy the Stampede but I don’t think I’ll be so lucky. Plus all the thunder and lightening, and the power going out. Yes, that part really threw me off, mostly because I forgot to save my post and everything I had done for most of the day was gone. Yep, sad part is this is coming from a former IT person who should know better. Anyway, it’s all good, luckily I’m a fast typist so didn’t take me too long to redo most of it.
I’m a big fan of cheesecakes, cheese pastries, fried dough with cheese, cheese breadsticks, you name it, savory or sweet. I don’t know why, but I can’t help it. So when I come across a dessert like this sopapilla cheesecake, well you know I’ve got to try it.
It is amazing!
It’s decadent and sinful!
It should be your next dessert!
It’s so easy, all you need is 2 packages Pillsbury butter crescent rolls and 2 packages of cream cheese as the main ingredients. Well there’s not much else to say about this dessert except that I think you should all try it.
You’ll thank me for it.
Did you love this recipe? Try these out!
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
For the Cheesecake
- 2 packages cream cheese (8 oz each)
- 3/4 cup sugar granulated
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 packages Pillsbury crescent rolls (8 in each)
For the Topping
- 3 tbsp butter unsalted, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar granulated
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees.
- Add the cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar to the bowl of your mixer and mix until smooth, about 3 minutes. Add the egg, vanilla extract, salt and mix for another 2 minutes until the mixture is smooth and creamy and there are no lumps.
- Unroll one package of crescent rolls into a 9x13 inch baking pan and line the bottom with the crescent dough.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the bottom crescent layer, spreading it evenly over the entire surface.
- Unroll the other package of crescent rolls and stretch it carefully over the filling.
- Brush the melted butter over over the top.
- In a smaller bowl combine the 1/4 cup granulated sugar and the cinnamon, then sprinkle over the top of the cheesecake.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve it by drizzling some honey or chocolate syrup over the top.
Products you may need for this recipe: