This simple Thai chicken salad has incredible flavors – peanuts, mint, honey and lime. Topped with a delicious homemade dressing. Healthy and fresh.
Pretty much all summer long we have been having BBQ for dinner, not that there’s anything wrong with that, but I’m a bit tired of BBQ. Never thought I’d say that, but I just did!
So for a big change, it’s salad night. Yes, a salad, and a most nutritious and super delicious salad at that. So don’t cringe! Work with me here, there’s chicken in this salad, so it’s not all veggies.
OK, so maybe I lied, I did BBQ the chicken, but you can use roasted chicken, or any leftover chicken you might happen to have. Now I put lots of goodies in this salad, including papaya, bok choy, and broccoli slaw. Doesn’t it sound divine?
The dressing is amazing too, I used juice from 2 limes, peanut butter of course, honey, soy sauce, olive oil, fish sauce because you can’t have Thai food without fish sauce and some red pepper flakes. It was to die for! I’m telling you, this is a grown up salad. This salad is so good you won’t be able to put your fork down. You’ll want to eat this salad over and over, trust me. This salad has my favorite Thai flavors and it truly reminds me of authentic Thai cuisine.
Did I mention this salad is healthy and good for you?
- 1 bag of broccoli slaw about (2 or 3 cups)
- 1 cup sliced papaya
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 2 cups baby boy choy, chopped in small pieces (2 small bok choy)
- 1 red chili pepper, diced
- 4 cooked chicken breasts, shredded or cut in small pieces
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- ½ cup peanuts or slivered almonds
- juice from 2 limes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
- Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl and toss.
- In a smaller bowl mix all dressing ingredients together. Pour over salad and toss well.