Korean Style Pork Chops – a simple recipe for Korean style marinated pork chops, resulting in melt in your mouth, super delicious pork chops. Best ever!
I eat pork. I’m a woman and I love pork. You don’t? Especially bacon, bacon makes me happy and grin from ear to ear. But so do pork chops. Beautiful, thick cut, juicy pork chops … Korean style!
Growing up, I must admit that pork was probably the primary meat we ate, more so than chicken. I remember when my parents used to buy half a pig and made all kinds of sausages and other goodies from pork. Yum! So we don’t go as far as to buying our own pig, after all there’s only 2 1/2 of us, but we do enjoy our pork chops, and sausages once in a while. So when hubs came home with these gorgeous pork chops, well I knew I had to make something special with them.
And so these Korean style pork chops were born. I made a simple marinade with soy sauce, garlic and ginger, some honey and some Sriracha sauce and marinated them for a bit, then pan fried them in my trusted skillet and finally finished cooking them in the oven for just a few minutes. When they’re done cooking, the sauce thickens and caramelizes so you end up with these delicious sweet and a bit spicy pork chops that just melt in your mouth.
So simple to make and really these pork chops are an ideal dinner to make after a busy work day. Serve them with some mashed potatoes or your favorite salad. No fuss, not a lot of dishes to clean, my kinda dish!
- 4 pork chops
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 tsp sriracha sauce
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- In a medium size bowl whisk together the soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and sriracha sauce. Pour over pork chops and let marinade for about 20 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet for medium high heat. Add pork chops, without marinade, and cook for about 5 minutes for the first side, or until it gets a nice brownish color. Flip the pork chops and pour the remaining marinade over them. Cook another 5 min on this side.
- Place the skillet in the oven to finish cooking them. Roast for about 10 minutes, or until pork chops are completely cooked through.
Love Korean food? How about this Korean Bulgogi Pork?