Pork Chops with Pistachio Salmuera! Perfect way to jazz up your midweek dinners, pork chops grilled to perfection with two different types of salmuera, one for basting and one pistachio salmuera for serving.
It’s time for pork chops! The star of this show, however, is this incredible pistachio salmuera. Salmuera is basically a brine that is used for basting while grilling the meat. This pork chop recipe comes with not one but two salmuera sauces, one for basting while grilling and one with pistachios and herbs which I love to serve over the grilled pork chops. Trust me, it’s fantastic!
First of all, you need to start out with four gorgeous bone-in pork chops and you want them to be at least an inch in thickness, just keep in mind that the thicker they are they longer they will require to cook on the grill. The first salmuera you’ll make is the pistachio and herb one and I make this first because I want all those yummy flavors to marry together for a while while I’m grilling the chops, it makes it that much more delicious. You could put all the ingredients in a blender and make it into a smoother sauce, but I prefer the crunchiness of the pistachios and the texture of the herbs just chopped up instead of blended smooth.
The second salmuera you will use for basting while grilling these chops and is quite simple, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. I didn’t salt the chops before, but it’s totally up to you, I find that the brine is enough to flavor and season the chops, plus don’t forget you have the other salmuera which will add a lot more flavor to these chops.
You will want to grill these for about 7 minutes per side, but to make sure the chops are cooked through, use a meat thermometer, stick it in the thickest part of the meat and when the temperature reaches 140 F degrees your chops are ready.
Don’t cut into them right away because all the juices will run out and you’ll end up with dry chops, and nobody likes dry chops. Wait a few minutes, at least 5, 10 if you’re patient, then drizzle some of that pistachio and herb salmuera all over the chops and enjoy!
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Pork Chops with Pistachio Salmuera
For serving Salmuera
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup pistachios chopped
- 1 tbsp chives finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint chopped
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped
For basting Salmuera
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
Rest of Ingredients
- 4 bone-in pork chops cut 1 inch thick
- 1 tsp smoked salt optional
- In a medium bowl whisk the olive oil and balsamic vinegar together with the onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and water. Stir in the pistachios, chives, parsley, mint and cilantro.
- Light a grill and oil the grate. In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and water.
- Grill the pork chops over moderately high heat, basting frequently with the basting salmuera, until browned. The steaks are done when a thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers at 140 F degrees, 6 to 7 minutes per side, could be more depending on thickness of steaks.
- Transfer the chops to a plate and top with some of the serving salmuera. Sprinkle with smoked salt if preferred and serve with the remaining pistachio salmuera.
Products you may need for this recipe: