Crockpot Salsa Chicken with cheese – only 3 ingredients, it’s embarrassingly easy to make.
Have you ever gone to look at open houses that are worth millions of dollars? I did that yesterday with a friend. Well now I know how the rich live. I fell in love with this house, I saw my dream kitchen. I wish I would have brought my camera to take some pictures. I’ll just have to go again, it’s only 2 minutes away from me, and I’ll have to take some pictures and show you guys. It was so beautifully decorated, I think that’s what I liked the most.
But I digress, so let me tell you about this crockpot salsa chicken.
Oh dear! I can’t even begin to tell you how delicious this salsa chicken is. Not only is it yummy, but there are only 3 ingredients in this recipe and it’s made in a crockpot. It’s embarrassing how easy it is to make this chicken. Basically all you do is put your chicken in the crockpot, pour a jar of salsa over it and cook it on high for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. You don’t want to cook it more than that, because it will start falling apart, but take the chicken and place it in a baking dish and spoon some of that leftover salsa over it, sprinkle with some cheese and bake at 425 F degrees for about 15 minutes and this is what you end up with.
Not only does this chicken look gorgeous, it’s amazing! 3 ingredients! That’s it! You can’t beat that!
- 6 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 jar mild salsa (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup shredded cheese, Mexican blend
- Place whole chicken breasts in your crockpot and pour the salsa over it. Cook anywhere from 1½ to 2 hours on high, you don't want to cook it longer because it will start falling apart.
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees.
- Take a 8x8 baking dish or 9x13, depends how big your chicken breasts are, mine were fairly small, you can spray it with cooking spray if you want, but I didn't, and carefully place the chicken in the dish. Spoon some of the leftover salsa (from the crockpot) over the chicken and sprinkle evenly with the cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until it's nice and golden brown, and you'll see the sauce and cheese bubbling.