This easy creamy chicken Alfredo is a super simple yet delicious recipe to make for a restaurant quality dish, ready in 20 minutes. So creamy and cheesy!
This is such a simple recipe and so delicious. Fettuccine Alfredo was invented by a Roman restaurateur called Alfredo, who became famous for serving it with a gold fork and spoon. Well I didn’t serve with a gold fork and spoon, but it was fantastic nonetheless. I also wanted to add some extra protein to the dish and I added some chicken breast.
This is the perfect kind of dish to serve on a busy week night because it literally took me 20 minutes to prepare and it was so creamy and delicious.
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ⅔ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
- ½ lb spaghetti or fettuccine
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper
- basil for garnish
- Bring a large pan of salted water to boil. Drop in the pasta all at once and quickly bring the water back to boil, stirring occasionally. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Drain well.
- In a large pan heat 1 tbsp olive oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to the pan. Cook until slightly golden and cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the same pan. Add the cream and bring it to boil. Simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, then add the Parmesan cheese, with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Add chicken and toss.
- Add cooked pasta all at once and toss until it is well coated in the sauce. Taste the sauce for seasoning and add salt and pepper if necessary. Garnish with extra Parmesan cheese and basil and serve immediately.