This recipe makes me very excited. It is one of my favorites. I love any type of chicken strips, but these Parmesan chicken strips are the bomb!
I’m serious. I have a hard time stopping myself from eating them all. They are to die for. They are extra crispy, and the ranch dressing, oh you cannot skip it. Like Guy Fieri says, they are ridonculous!
You know why these strips are extra crispy? Because you dip them in eggs, then flour, eggs again then the Parmesan breadcrumb mixture, so double the crispiness there. You will not want to go to a restaurant ever again to get your chicken strips. Trust me here.
So you see why I’m excited? Because when you come across something so good, you want to share it with everyone, so I’m sharing this great recipe with all of you my friends. Now these babies are fried, yes frying them gives them a lot more calories, but that’s why you get that extra crisp factor. Having said that, I did bake these strips in the oven before and they are just as delicious, so it’s totally up to you whether you fry them or bake them.
You know what else is great about these Parmesan chicken strips? How easy it is to make them, honestly, especially if you choose to bake them. By the way, if you bake them it will be less messy as well. Now look at them, don’t they look fabulous?
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup to 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- oil for frying
- In a bowl mix the Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs and parsley together.
- In another bowl, mix flour, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- In a third bowl, whisk the eggs.
- In a large skillet, heat oil, enough so that it's about ½ inch deep.
- Take chicken pieces and dip them first in egg, then flour mixture, egg again and then in the Parmesan mixture. Fry chicken on both sides until golden brown and chicken is cooked inside.
- Repeat with remaining chicken. If oil gets too dirty between batches, clean out the skillet and start with fresh oil. Place fried chicken strips on paper towels to soak up some of the oil.
- Serve warm with ranch dressing.