These Parmesan Chicken Strips with ranch dressing are extra crispy and super delicious. Say goodbye to restaurant chicken strips and start making these at home! They’re insanely delicious and they’ll disappear from the table in no time!
I’m back with one of my favorite recipes to make, crispy fried chicken strips! This recipe makes me very excited and it really is one of my favorite no fail recipes, you end up with super crispy chicken every single time. I love any type of chicken strips, but these Parmesan chicken strips are the bomb!
I’m serious. I have a hard time stopping myself from eating them all. They are to die for. They are extra crispy and my favorite way to serve these is with ranch dressing, but of course you can serve them with marinara sauce, or whatever your favorite dip or dressing may be.
The Best Chicken Strips
You know why these strips are extra crispy? Because you dip them first in eggs, then dredge them through the flour mixture, eggs again, then finally through the Parmesan breadcrumb mixture. Double the crispiness. You will not want to go to a restaurant ever again to get your chicken strips once you’ve had a bite of these.
Detailed measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Chicken – Boneless and skinless breasts cut into strips.
- Parmesan – Freshly grated to add some salty sharpness to our chicken strips.
- Breadcrumbs – I used Panko crumbs today, they’ll ensure we get a perfect crunch to our strips but any kind will do.
- Flour – We’re dredging our chicken strips in eggs and flour so that we get truly crispy strips.
- Eggs – 3 whole for this recipe to help crisp up our chicken.
- Parsley – Fresh and chopped up fine, if using dried just keep in mind that 1 tablespoon fresh equals 1 teaspoon dried.
- Cayenne pepper – To add some heat, complexity, and color to our dish.
- Seasoning – Just salt and pepper to taste.
- Vegetable oil – To fry up our chicken strips, look for something neutral tasting.
- Ranch – Dressing to dip our chicken strips in.
How To Make Parmesan Chicken Strips
- Combine the dredge ingredients: In a bowl combine the Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs and parsley. In another bowl combine the flour, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Whisk the eggs in a third bowl.
- Prepare the oil: Add vegetable oil to a large skillet, enough so that it’s about 1/2 inch deep and heat it.
- Dredge the chicken strips: While the oil is heating up, take chicken pieces and dip them first in egg, then flour mixture, through the egg again and then in the Parmesan mixture.
- Fry the Parmesan chicken strips: Fry the chicken on both sides until golden brown and chicken is cooked inside, should take about 2 to 3 min per side. Repeat with remaining chicken. If oil gets too dirty between batches, clean out the skillet and start with fresh oil. Place fried chicken strips on paper towels to soak up some of the oil.
- Finish the dish: Serve the chicken warm with ranch dressing.
Baked Parmesan Chicken Strips
This recipe is even easier baked, if that’s even possible. If you’d like to cut the calories or just prefer baking over frying, definitely consider baking these crispy little treats.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the coated chicken pieces on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes until the chicken starts to brown and the chicken is cooked through.
How To Cut Your Chicken Strips
The way you cut your chicken breasts matters to ensure we get juicy chicken underneath all that crispy coating. It’s important to cut against the grain to ensure our chicken retains as much moisture as possible. Just take a close look at your chicken, determine the grain and the direction it goes in and cut your strips in the opposite direction.
Not A Fan Of Ranch? Try Some Of These
- Fry dip: Mayo, ketchup, Worcestershire, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Honey mustard: Dijon mustard, honey, mayo, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Chicken sauce: Yellow mustard & Dijon mustard, honey, BBQ sauce, mayo.
- Red or Green Chimichurri, believe me these fresh dips are phenomenal!
You can store these fully cooked in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 – 4 days. Feel free to crisp them bake up in the oven when ready to feast.
You can store these in the freezer for up to 1 month if you’d like to prepare these in advance. Just dredge the chicken strips and then lay them on a baking sheet and freeze them, uncooked. Seal in an airtight container once hard and bake at 425 F degrees for 20 – 25 minutes from frozen when ready to eat.
More Delicious Chicken Recipes To Try:
- Asian Glazed Chicken Fingers
- Coconut Chicken
- Bang Bang Chicken
- Sticky Honey Sriracha Chicken Bites
- Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Honey Garlic Chicken
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Parmesan Chicken Strips
- In a bowl combine the Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs and parsley.
- In another bowl combine the flour, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Whisk the eggs in a third bowl.
- Add vegetable oil to a large skillet, enough so that it’s about 1/2 inch deep and heat it.
- While the oil is heating up, take chicken pieces and dip them first in egg, then flour mixture, through the egg again and then in the Parmesan mixture.
- Fry the chicken on both sides until golden brown and chicken is cooked inside, should take about 2 to 3 min per side.
- Repeat with remaining chicken. If oil gets too dirty between batches, clean out the skillet and start with fresh oil. Place fried chicken strips on paper towels to soak up some of the oil.
- Serve warm with ranch dressing.