Crispy cajun shrimp fettuccine with homemade creamy sauce and jumbo shrimp that are coated in a homemade cajun spice.
OK, so probably you’re saying to yourself that all you can see in this dish are these gigantic shrimp. Me too!
I can explain this. I was craving fettuccine, but I got tired of chicken or bacon so I look in my freezer and I find these gigantor shrimp.
Seriously. That’s what the bag said, Gigantor Shrimp, and there were about 16-20 shrimp in the bag. Now let me backtrack a bit here. I’ve been determined to cook less portions of a meal. For example usually my dishes are for 4 to 6 people. There are only two of us here at JoCooks headquarters. And nobody here loves leftovers. So what do we do with a lot of the leftovers? Well we have a dog, but as you know we can’t give her people food, though we cheat sometimes and give her the meat and throw out everything else. But what the dog doesn’t get, the garbage does.
So I was determined here to only make two portions of this fettuccine. So I did. So this is what happened. You end up with very little fettuccine and a lot of shrimp.
Now if you want to make this recipe, you do not need these gigantor shrimp, nor do you need so many, unless they’re the real small ones. Needless to say these huge shrimp are amazing. I did want to prove to you that there was actually fettuccine in this dish, so here you go. It’s in there, underneath the gigantor shrimp.
Oh and I did not forget. Happy New Year my friends!
- 4 oz fettuccine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 8 gigantor shrimp or 16 large shrimp
- 1 tbsp cajun spice (you can find recipe here)
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook fettuccine according to package instructions.
- Clean the shrimp and season with 1 tbsp of cajun spice. Drizzle the flour over the shrimp and toss in a bowl to make sure each shrimp is covered in flour.
- In a deep skillet add butter and olive oil and heat over high heat. Add shrimp and cook on each side about 2 min until crisp. Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet add chicken broth and heavy cream. Season with additional cajun spice if preferred. Cook until sauce thickens a bit from the heavy cream, then add Parmesan cheese and whisk. Add fettuccine and shrimp to the sauce and toss.
- Serve warm.