Last updated on January 9th, 2017 at 05:56 pm
Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes – creamy bite-sized cheesecakes with a graham cracker crust and topped with a delicious salted caramel.
My obsession for mini cheesecakes continues with these adorable salted caramel cheesecakes. A few weeks ago while I was shopping in Canmore I found this jar of salted caramel sauce in one my favorite little stores there. I knew then that I had to make something special to use it on.
While I’m all about making things from scratch, I won’t go as far as making my own salted caramel, at least not yet. Why waste time when I can find it in stores and it’s really good. Probably better than I would make it, since I’d never made it before. I know, shocker.
Let’s be serious here, I’d rather spend the time eating these cheesecakes. You probably all know by now that cheesecake is my favorite dessert, any kind of cheesecake. This is why I when I saw this salted caramel, I just knew mini cheesecakes was the way to go.
The bottom crust is a very simple crust made with graham crackers, brown sugar and butter, but it’s my favorite way to make crust for cheesecakes. The cheesecake itself is my recipe I use all the time for cheesecake, I just adjusted the quantities. If your cheesecake top cracks like mine, don’t worry about it, you’ll cover it up with the salted caramel and nobody will know. However, if you’re a perfectionist and would like to avoid the cracks, you can either create a water bath while baking the cheesecake or avoid over baking, I think that’s why mine cracked, I might have baked them a little too long. Still getting used to my oven.
I would let the cheesecakes cool completely before topping them with the salted caramel, otherwise the caramel might melt too much, but that’s ok with me too, I love it when it gets all gooey. I then sprinkled them with a bit more kosher salt, I really love the salt and sweet combination here. These are the perfect dessert, they literally are 2 bites each, or one big bite, depends how hungry you are. They’re perfect for any special occasion but if you’re like me you’ll make these on a Wednesday afternoon, just because you’re craving cheesecake.
- 2 1/4 cups crushed graham crackers
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted, 1 stick
- 16 oz cream cheese 2 packages
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 18 tbsp salted caramel
- kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- In a food processor add the crushed graham crackers, brown sugar and melted butter. Pulse a few times until fine crumbs form. Pat mixture into ungreased mini cheesecake pan in each individual cup.
- Add the cream cheese, sugar to the bowl of your mixer and mix until smooth. Add the sour cream, eggs, flour and a pinch of salt to the mixer and mix until well combined and smooth.
- Add about 2 to 3 tbsp of the cream cheese mixture to each cup. The mini cheesecake pan has 12 cups, there will be crumbs and cheesecake mixture left over for another 6 mini cakes, so if you only have one pan, refrigerate the crust and cheesecake mixture until the pan is free to continue.
- Bake the cheesecakes for about 15 to 20 minutes. Let the cheesecakes cool and come to room temperature.
- Melt the salted caramel in the microwave until you can spoon it out. Top each cheesecake with about 1 tbsp of the salted caramel then sprinkle with a bit of kosher salt.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Products you may need for this recipe: