This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
One Pot Chicken Fettuccine Arrabiata – the name says it all, “angry” chicken. This fettuccine packs a lot of heat and spice and it’s super delicious!
I was probably a teenager when I first had chicken fettuccine arrabiata, in one of my favorite Italian restaurants. In Southern Ontario, where we used to live, there is a huge Italian community, and many many Italian restaurants. And I’ve probably been to every single one of them. Reason is simple. I love my Italian food. To me, Italian food is very comforting and very satisfying. There’s nothing better than a huge bowl of tasty cheesy pasta in some delicious sauce.
Chicken arrabiata basically means angry chicken, and it sure is angry because this chicken is super spicy and all I basically used are 2 red hot chili peppers, but these guys were super mean! But that’s ok, because that’s what this chicken arrabiata is supposed to taste like. This chicken fettuccine is intended to pack a punch of heat and spice, which I love!
The beauty of this dish, however, is in its simplicity. This dish can also be made with chicken drumsticks, but I decided to go with chicken breasts here that were boneless and skinless, just because they’re a bit leaner.
To get started we need to cook the chicken in a little bit of olive oil just until it starts browning a bit, then we can add in all the onion and garlic, and I used lots of garlic. You know I love my garlic. You simply cook the onion a bit until it gets soft then add the red hot chili peppers and cook for another minute.
And now it gets super easy, throw in the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and simmer until the fettuccine is cooked to your liking. That’s all there is to this dish! Seriously you can’t get any easier. One pot, one yummy dinner.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
One Pot Chicken Fettuccine Arrabiata
- 8 oz fettuccine uncooked
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breasts boneless and skinless, cut into 1 inch cubes, about 3 breasts
- 1 large onion chopped
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 red chili peppers chopped
- 24 oz marinara sauce 1 jar
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups chicken broth low sodium or no sodium added
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 leaves fresh basil roughly chopped
- Parmesan cheese for serving (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and add chicken. Cook the chicken until it starts to brown, about 5 minutes. Add onion and garlic to the skillet and cook until the onion softens and starts to become translucent. Add red chili peppers and cook for another minute.
- Throw in the rest of the ingredients to the skillet, including the Fettuccine, you might want to break it in half, and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the pasta is cooked, stirring occasionally. If your sauce reduces too much, add more chicken broth as needed.
- Serve warm topped with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.