Last updated on February 1st, 2017 at 05:08 pm
Crockpot Bacon Queso Blanco Dip – super cheesy queso blanco dip with my favorite ingredient; bacon! Perfect snack or appetizer for the holidays.
It’s true.The holidays are my favorite time of year. And I was almost beginning to think we’d have a Christmas without snow, which is something I never thought I’d say about Calgary, ever in my wildest dreams. But my wish may come true yet, we got a bit of snow yesterday which made me really really happy. I know it’s still a month and a half till Christmas but there must be snow for the big day, otherwise I’m moving to Alaska.
Honestly I can’t believe I just wrote that, but it’s true. So why a dip recipe? You were probably waiting for some Thanksgiving recipe, but who’s to say that this dip doesn’t meet that requirement. It does in my book. We all need easy appetizers for the big day and this dip certainly fulfills that role.
You can’t get any easier either, basically throw all the ingredients in a crockpot and wait. So my crockpot came with a baby crockpot which is just so ideal for dips, but if your crockpot didn’t have a baby it doesn’t matter, the big one works too. The only difference with this baby crockpot is it only has one setting and that’s low, so it will take longer to make the dip vs in a large crockpot.
Once you throw in all your ingredients you basically just let the dip cook for about an hour and 15 minutes on low, or 45 minutes on high, no stirring required until time’s up. Can it get any easier? I. Think. Not.
Now look at those tortilla sticks I found, love them with dips, so good. You will want to add some chopped cilantro and tomatoes to this dip, it makes it that much more refreshing. What more could you want in a dip? It’s very cheesy, a bit spicy and best of all it has bacon, you know you can’t go wrong!
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
- 4 oz Swiss cheese shredded or cut into cubes, 115 g
- 4 oz Monterey Jack cheese shredded or cut into cubes, 115 g
- 4 oz green chiles chopped
- 1/4 cup fried bacon chopped
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 chopped tomato for topping
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro for topping
- Add all the ingredients to a slow cooker, no need to mix anything yet and cook on high for 45 minutes or on low for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Stir everything together with a spoon and continue cooking on low for another 15 minutes.
- Top with chopped tomatoes and chopped cilantro and serve with tortilla chips or crackers.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
More delicious recipes from my kitchen